CHAPTER XXXI

Clarke was about to knock on the door, when she figured that it was already unlocked, she stepped in and started to freak out. The blonde went to Lexa's living room. It was already night time outside and all the house was dark, absolute no lights. This couldn't be good thought Clarke... She was totally afraid, and scared something could have happpened to Lexa. The terrified blonde had run in the entire house, trying to find Lexa, but the brunette was nowhere to be found. Her fear turned to choas as she was crying all over the house. She went back to the living room, which was still in the dark, with absolutly no light.

Tears were still falling from her ocean eyes, clearly panicking on where her girlfriend would be... She grabbed her cellphone and started to dialed Lexa's number. The phone was ringing in the void, because the girl wasn't responding. Clarke dropped her phone, and tilted her head back on the couch. What she heard made her shiver... There was a long and profound breath near her. The room was really dark but when she turned her head and see a black silhouette on the couch next to her. Clarke screamed louder than she ever thought she could. The black thing didn't move a bit, on the contrary it came closer.

The blonde fell on the ground and tried to punch the dark thing with her foot but she amazingly failed. The shadow came even closer, at the same level Clarke was on the ground. The afraid blonde closed her eyes, still crying, and tried to calm down. To calm herself she just breathed slowly. She inhaled one time, exhaled one time, inhaled a second time, and so on. After some more, she couls still feel the breathed on her neck, but she suddenly felt another thing. This sent she was smelling and breathing since a few minutes reminds herself of something. It took her this long to find because it was something she'd rather forget...

It was like leather and some masculine perfume mixed up, it was someone she knew very well. It was Finn. It was fucking Finn just above her. The black shadow of Finn was in her lover's house, what the hellish hell ? She was already scared because being alone with Finn was not a good thing, but on top of that, knowing he may be part of the reason Lexa isn't here, scared her even more... Her heart was going nuts, faster and faster. She was about to move or to kick Finn but he was the one who spoke up "Hello Clarke" he said with his usual cocky creepy voice. The blonde didn't move and said between two sobs "What do you want Finn" but he said nothing.

He just went back to sit on the couch, to a reasonable distance from Clarke and switch on the table lamp. His face looked bad and dirty, and literally everyone could have imagine he was sleeping in the street. But Clarke knew him well to know he was full of money, and was probably in this state because of Lexa. The two kept the eye contact for a few moments and Collins decided to speak. "Too bad Lexa disappears I needed her to go to the cops" he said with a very insolent tone. His last words made her shiver, because she realised it was Finn and was since a long time, who was playing with them and their nerves.

But of course she would not tell a word to the boy because she was still scared, because he was really violent when he is angry, and because her mind was on Lexa right now. Where the hell was she ?! Finn was the one to move first, he got up and left the house, leaving Clarke in her own thoughts. Clarke didn't had the time to ask him what he did to Lexa, nor to ask where she was. Maybe he genuinely didn't know this time. She thought about waiting for her in the house, maybe waiting for when she'll show up. Or here was the other option, she could eventually go upstairs and maybe find evidences which can tell where the brunette is. As much as she hated to search her room, it was for a good reason.

Once she got upstairs she was chocked that the room was almost empty, the light was off, the room was cold. The only things that were laying on the floor, were some clothes and some books. But mainly the thing that was really lacking, was her particular sent, all her room just smelled like a normal and random room, of course it was what chocked Clarke the most. On top of that, none of her things were here, so the blonde deduced that Lexa may have take all her stuff and ran away. Clarke did so many round in the room to try to find evidences which tell her where she eventually went. She also spent the rest of the night, trying to called the girl on the phone but she never answered.

Nor did she answered on instagram or snapchat, or anywhere at all. Her car was missing, but still the blonde called everybody in panic, Octavia, Lincoln, Raven and even Murphy to ask them if by any chance they have saw her. But none of them did, it was as if Lexa had disappeared. Clarke even called her mom to ask her if she could drive her around town to hopefully see her, but they didn't found her... Even Marcus couldn't help them, even if he called the school to ask them if she had resigned or anything, but nothing. Absolutely nothing, at all. It was like Lexa Woods disappeared from the radars.

When Clarke got back home she decided to try to called her one last time, but she took some long minutes on the floor, phone in the hands to question herself if it was a good idea to call her. The blonde was totally heartbroken, she just lost the girl she loves the most, who won't even respond the calls. She felt to helpless, not even being able to support her girlfriend (were they even girlfriends at this point ?) in whatever was happening with her. And if all this was the cause of them on top of Lexa's job, it wouldn't matter because they could have been in this together, but apparently Lexa thinks otherwise, because she escaped and left Clarke to herself...