CHAPTER XXXVIII

*One year later*

It was it ! Today was the day Clarke and Lexa were moving to another flat, way more spacious and luxurious ! Thanks to the prestige Lexa has acquired by becoming a prestigious author, they bought this really nice flat with a view on Central Park, Clarke's favorite place of the city. Another great news, was that Octavia and Lincoln would also come to live to NY as O and the blonde have some plans in common, like work together. The story of Lexa has worked really really nice, it has also become a best-seller.

You could find her book in literally every book store or library of Big Apple, but the brunette favorite one was Barnes & Nobles, a book store she visits since her youngest age, so it was a real honor. As far as Clarke was concerned, as she has illustrated her girlfriend's book, she has become a bit famous too, in the tight good artist of NY ! A couple months later, many investor tried to recruit her for their art gallery but it wasn't Clarke's project. In fact last week she had bought a cool local in central Manhattan with the help of her mother to turn it into her own art gallery.

Of course Abby was beyond happy to see her daughter working in art, as she was incredibly successful, although she sometimes regretted Clarke hasn't follow her medical path... Her idea with that art gallery was to show her evolution in the art world. So she got all her old paintings back in Chicago and got them brought here. Even the ones from her depression episode, yes the ones in black and white which give you some serious death vibes.... Thankfully there were not a lot of them, just a few ones she has kept for memory.

And so now she would expose the ones she did since her arrival here, all colorful and happy (and even some nudes of her girlfriend but not too much because the blonde wasn't really in sharing her beautiful human with random people). She also had an incredible idea which was more of a dream with Octavia. Of course Lexa had made it possible with the help of all her fans, it was to organize a music festival in Central Park. The duo of singers (Clarke and O) have called it "The city of Light" because it matches greatly how Autumn New York looked like.

And so they sang all their songs from their old album "Heda" and even revealed they were already working on another one !! Octavia and Lincoln both worked for a very famous bar and they got a lot of money since O sometime sang as she had become pretty famous thanks to her blonde friend. Even if O was also working on a personal album, it felt so good to work with Clarke, 'like good old times' ! Back to the moving in thing, it was almost finished and Lexa has spent the whole day moving her furnitures with the help of her friends. The last piece to move was really not the least, it was the bed !

Yeah the biggest shit to move had to been lifted from the first floor... It has been a fucking hell to got it upstairs but anyway it was done and Lexa was really looking forward for Clarke to get here. The blonde friend was at her gallery, arranging her paintings on the wall when her phone chimed. It was Lexa. "i've got a surprise for you babygirl... come back quickly... ;)" it said. Clarke totally understood what was the deal... She run back to the flat as quickly as she could even if NY"s metro is a mess. She unlocked the door and her girlfriend jumped right into her arms !

"Hi baby, look it's finished !" said the brunette. Clarke took some seconds to admire what her girl has done with the furniture and decoration, and she came to the conclusion that Lexa was in fact a fucking great artist ! "Oh my love it's beautiful, you've done so great !" and they continued hugging. Right before letting go of her, Lexa whispered seductively into her ear "Nothing is too beautiful for my babygirl, welcome home" and Clarke smiled like a dummy because Lexa was right, in her entire life, she never felt this much at home.

The blonde was so deeply in love with this green eyed brunette, like crazy... and so did Lexa ! And it bounced back to Clarke mind, that her girl actually had a surprise for her. "So Miss Woods, I heard about a surprise ?" and Lexa looked at her with kind of daggers in her eyes. Of course the brunette hated when Clarke calls her that, it reminds her of her painful past. But she tried not to think about it, because she wanted this night to be special for both of them. She had plans so many things for tonight, just to show Clarke how much she loves her, and also a bit to spoil her girl too.

"Actually Miss Griffin, I'm taking you out ! So put some nice clothes cauz we are going to a really nice place" and she did her special smirk only her possesses. The blonde girl felt like some shining lights have been lighten up in her eyes. She already knew that the evening would be great because each time Lexa would do something like that, it always ended in fairy good ways. Both girls changed of clothes, Lexa chose a stunning black suit, as she is clearly a woman of suit, I mean no, let's say that suits have been made for her ! And Clarke chose this red dress Lexa loved and the couple went outside.