Part 39 Distracted

Pooja's POV

The Phenomenon show, organised by JKN global media, was a sure shot success. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly or may I say, except me and Shaheer all enjoyed it in reality.
I was dressed in a blue and pink sarree lehenga and he was looking a cutipie in black designer sherwani. Did I call him cutipie?

Firstly as we made our entries, there was such a lovely response from the audience that it really made me forgot what I have been experiencing. That big heart warming welcome from Thai people, I never imagined that! Then we performed on Indian music. And yes again..me and Shaheer recreated our Star parivaar dance..gosh!!! I don't know how many people have watched it overseas that they always demand for that. Crazy!!
There were some music performances and then they showed Mahakaali's promo on big screen and I myself got goosebumps seeing that. It was so great and larger than life. Shaheer was praising me and sakha all the time in my ears. He was trying to act normal, just like me, while actually we both knew what's going on within us.

Then we were called on the stage and I talked about my show, and there was a good response to it. I truly feel that I am blessed to be an actor. Because due to this profession, I'm able to realise that this world is superficially segmented into countries, while in reality there is a great big hunk of world down there with no fence around it. Am I turning all into a Disney kiddo just like Shaheer? Well maybe!?
I mean this world is so connected. There are no language barriers..it's from heart to heart. That's it! That's why Russians, Chinese, Indonesians and many more are loving our Indian epics. Just Dil se Dil Tak!
Me and Shaheer were sitted adjacent to each other and talked and gossiped a bit as the JKN media people were interacting to the audience. Then the host asked him to explain the character of Arjun. He literally surprised me with his words "Arjun is a great warrior... but before I start explaining my character Arjun, I want to say that I'm a big fan of Mahakaali myself and..it's from the same production house which made Mahabharat and...it's an amazing show I love the concept!" He watches my show! Like really!? Well why not he would.

To show a "friendly" gesture like him I hooted and bowed smilingly. Then he continued explaining further. After a break the channel arranged for a live meet and greet. I again was sitted with him and the senior head of the media was trying on my Shaheer. She was drooling over him. I was so much pissed but just composed myself somehow. She even asked him about his room keys!! I was just looking at the ground to cover my emotions. Shaheer was trying his level best to dodge that and to blow away with a good laugh. "I'm feeling sweaty now!" He exclaimed. And then something very idiotic happened.

All the hosts and senior mam started wiping his face..! It's too much yaar! Chal kya raha tha bhyii!? And thai female fans were going gaga over getting those particular tissues. Those hosts even did that thing with Nirbhay and then me! But I was feeling sick of that cringy love. I mean how dare they come near him...!!??
After a while of chit chatting with us, they asked him if he's single and he was devoid of answers! I didn't understand why, because I'm not his girlfriend right? He then said that he is! Thank God!
They began asking questions that which type of a girl would he like to date!? And he tried to dodge the question saying absurd things. Well I found them absurd. He always stole glances at me smilingly, and I just smiled back.  He finally replied "I have my answer now!"
I was awestruck at what he replied. Really awestruck. Did he mean what I percieved or it was just my notion? Was I his answer? These questions runned in my head so fast as he replied that, But then he again stopped my train of love on the station of doubts by adding "she can be from anywhere, any part of the world but to me what matters is understanding and honesty!"
He's a hoax gentleman! Didn't I give him all, of those two words, might be more than that. But he was never satisfied. Oh yeah...she can be from anywhere, an Indonesian would definitely work for him!! Right! Right! Now I understand, that regional disparities was the game changer. Okay! Okay! Ayu was lucky..!
The host asked me too but my so called savior came and saved me.
"To the guys out there, she's single!"
Well he forgot to add happily!
Happily single!
I was so angry with his previous anwers that I asked the host "forget my answer, don't you think when Shaheer anwered, he gave a miss world type of an answer understanding and honesty.. I mean this is the time, he should give a real answer."