Chapter 1 - The Spark Part 2

"Brother? I'm sorry I have no recollection of ever knowing you, yet alone being related. And aside from your accusation, thats a terrorist behind you, so please move out the way, fellow infected-" I glare as I feel my anger.

"I am not a fellow Infected, you traitor, you got me exiled from Sarkaz - you made W hate me..." I take a moment before I continue.

"Doctor, if you think your rag tag group can stop me, then please try, but if they lose, I intend to strike you down. You will never be my brother to me ever again: you lost that 10 years ago. Now COME!" Within an instant 4 operators all armed differently began their assault against me.

I stand, Sword in hand, waiting for the first to approach. BANG! I hear a gun shot and immediately speed up time in my body. As my sword cuts the bullet down I heard him calling to his team.

"He can speed up time within himself, you need to overwhelm him til he can't defend anymore!" I look at him. Not a bad call, Doc, but thats not all I can do. "Don't test me Doc, you'll regret it!" As 4 of his melee operators approach, I use my insane speed to create an afterimage of myself, and as they walk towards it.

"Checkmate!" One of the operators take a swing, she misses, As I proceed back through the spot of my afterimage to keep the cycle and effect of my afterimage, I take a second, where I see my opponents slow movements and strike them. "Medic, go help Melantha!" Down goes one, three remain. The onslaught of their uncoordinated attacks proved to be an issue for me. How am I going to land a blow if they are forcing my hand to move predictably? hmm maybe, just maybe that could work...

As the moment arises, I move lower to the ground change the position of my afterimage, allowing my to direct impact the armour operator, sending them with great force into a wall. "Beagle! Damn it, Medic get them both to the vehicle. we might need her for this one..."

What does he mean by that? who is she that could rival me? I didn't pay much attention as I slashed and sliced the remaining two operators into the ground. "I expected more from you Doc. is that all you got? do you want to die that badly?" I laugh with the sense of my sanity slowly slipping away from me. 

"Lappland, prepare for combat. Engage the reunion supporter!" I saw a silvery white shadow approach, at speeds irregular for any normal person. Who the hell? "Lappland, do what you must to make him submit."

I stare at the pale woman, who has wolf ears and a tail. "So you're going to fight me, please keep me entertained." she looks at me and laughs.

"I aim to please, ahahaha!" She launches at me, with impressive speed. Maybe this'll be a good fight after all. As our swords clash, her insane laughter echoes through the air as with every clash, she gets faster and faster. 

"This fight is over reunion supporter, are you ready to lose hahahaha!" Her words confuse me, but I'm not not sure she can beat me. Time to go all out. as I start to increase the time within my body, I notice her smile.

"That won't work on me, ehehe~" as she says that, I return to normal speed. What the hell?! Her speed kept increasing. Every time I saw her sword I had barely enough time to predict the trajectory, to avoid taking a direct hit. Then she got even faster. I can't even see her movements... She's just a blur, what do I-

Suddenly I was hit by a barrage of blows, only one leaving a minor wound. I stood, on one knee dealing with the force of the blows. What is her deal? her ability nullifies mine, does that mean she can slow time? no, because everyone else would be affected, she can nullify mine, if I'm close enough? "Do you submit? I don't really see a need to hit you anymore, but if you want me to I WILL" She grins as she lowers her weapons, for a moment.

Quickly i check around me and see Crownslayer is still in the same place. I need to grab her and get out of here. I'll wait for Her to turn around so she can't see me. Moments of mere seconds, felt like hours past. The uneasy tension built within me, until i saw my opening. "Doctor" Lappland turns to the Doctor "Can I kill them now?" as she said those words, walking further away from me, I sprung into action.

I speed up time around me more than I ever have before. I don't like my lack of knowledge of my enemy, this is a bad position, maybe this Crownslayer will be of use? I launch at Crownslayer picking her up on the way past and launch myself into the city, covering Two thousand metres in a mere 4.3 seconds. 

Meanwhile back at the battle site. "Damn it!" The doctor looks down.

"Doctor, are you, OK?" he turns to his assistant.

"Yes Amiya, thank you. I'm just frustrated with the outcome." he smiles whilst patting her head.

"Rhodes Island, today we have an unknown enemy who can speed up time, if not for Lappland joining us on this special mission, we would be dead, so in future we will have to be careful. Let's retreat for today and focus on creating a strategy to combat what we know about him. and we will need to time our next moment carefully."

Back in the city, Crownslayer had started explaining to me what was going on as repayment for me saving her life. Then i heard something I never even thought about for the 10 years. "Shade, would you be willing to join Reunion?"