Chapter 8 - A Life in the Hand of a God Part 1

Several hours passed as we made our way to a city in Ursus. A small group of infected holed up inside a school, and thats where me and Patriot were headed. Considering that this was technically a search and rescue mission, I was prepared for any and all scenario's.

One hour before the arrival, Ursus School

"Rosa, where are you?" asked one of the girls

"We are awaiting visitors right? should we not prioritise them first?"

"I agree, leader, lets go great our new comrades..."

Meanwhile on the roof

"Not a day that goes by, do I question why I remain?"

At the drop zone one hour later

"We're here, Raven. Welcome to Ursus." I looked at Patriot as I took note that our mission had begun.

The area we landed in was a high school courtyard, the school itself was quite large and a great number of buildings littered the area.

"Ah, Patriot, you came. Who's this?" The girl with glasses and a book said.

"I don't care, compared to Patriot he looks weak!" The girl with axe said

I smirked as I instantaneously moved behind her. "I am sorry, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Raven, I am the leader of The Retributors. Nice to make your acquaintance." Her look of respect, whether from fear or not showed she had in her own mind retracted her statement.

"So Patriot are these the people you were telling me about?" He smiled as a proud father would, as he has done before.

"Yes, they are, however where are the others? Wheres Gummy and Absinthe? And where is that one?" The girl with the glasses told us they were inside.

 and As Patriot, and the others went inside; I stopped and they looked back at me,  a Meteor flew directly at me. I out stretch my arm and without looking fire my flames directly at it, burning it with temporal energy til it never existed.

"So, your here, Raven!" A familiar voice echoed.

"Patriot, take them inside, I don't want them to see this, I have some business to attend to." He simply looked and said "Show her your true power. And defeat her!"

As they went inside the building I prepared for my showdown with Tallulah.

"Is this a battle of flames Tallulah? Because this is a fight you cannot win..." She snarled.

"You are under me raven, in fact, I'll start off with my strongest attack. Can you withstand a Catastrophe?" Her maniacal laughter filling the air, I simply stared at her.

"Do it, and your death will be excruciating.." he smile dissipated as her anger started to flare up.

"Your a Sarkazian and I am a Dragon, your flames are not strong enough to hurt me!" I smirked.

"Enough talk, time to fight!" and with my final words, she brought down a massive meteor, far bigger than the previous.

"Allow me to show you, what I like to call Temporal Impact!" I form a small sphere of fire in my hand, it was white with a rainbow effect.

"You call that fire?" her mocking began to annoy me.

I threw the sphere into the epicentre of the meteor, and within seconds it was gone.

"Wh-what?! how?!" I closed my eyes as her words simply past by. And within the blinking of an eye, I was standing in front of her.

"Submit and I may spare your life." Her fear waving before me like a flag. "You said I was weaker than you, but all I see is your fear Tallulah, maybe you seek to become my servant, I would appreciate a training partner." And with that I smirked and without moving, I sent her blasting off into a building.