Chapter 8 - A Life in the Hand of a God Part 2

The confused face of the person I just saved looked annoyed as much as she looked frustrated.

"My name is Raven, well thats the name i chose for myself anyway. Whats your name?" She looked away as she spoke, almost sounding uninterested.

"Natalya Rostova." and then I decided to walk back towards Patriot.

"You know this one Patriot?" He looks in my direction.

"Natalya... How have you been?" She ignores him, still visibly angry that I saved her life.

"I get it, but Natalya, you have to start being stronger than this. There are people fighting so you can see tomorrow, they don't care what you've done, then want to see you alive and living well. Do you really think that badly of yourself?" she simply looked away

"You do not know the guilt I feel." I sternly looked at her.

"What do you know of guilt? I watched as my own mother was murdered in front of me, as my own people exiled me and made the murderer a king. What do You know of guilt? I lost everything and couldn't even do anything!" flames created two pillars next to me out of nowhere.

"Do you understand how I feel, Guilty one? Because I forgive you. You understand how much weight that weighs? Patriot please explain."

"Natalya, Raven has the strongest ability on the planet. Well its a fusion of three. His Bloodline has the blood of the Phoenix and the Blue Flames of the royalty in the Draco province. As well as that, his own ability is an mutation, as he can bend time to his will within a limit at this time. Yet he is also forced live for eternity as the infection alongside his Phoenix blood has made his body able to infinitely repair itself, after we are gone he will carry on til the end of time itself. Do you comprehend his mentality and effort by using his time to make our lives better. I will make no god of him, but as a friend he is a hero to Infected." 

The silence was surrounding the area now, but it truly felt like it emanated from Natalya, her face fully comprehending the difference between the two of us.

"You've been through that, yet I let people under me, pillage and hurt others because I thought class mattered. That's why I am a monster. That's why I am how I am. None of you get it, not how I feel." I have had enough.

"Stop acting so entitled. You wanna makeup for your mistakes do something with your life other than trying to end it. Do you not think I didn't want to for the 10 years I had nobody. I walked this earth alone, afraid and full of guilt. Full of self hate. But look at me now, I am doing something with my time, something worth the time to do. Saving those who can't fight for themselves. Being the heroes to those who need heroes. If you wanna do something with your life: Join me and become my student. I'll teach you everything you'll need to survive, to protect and I will forgive you time and time again until you can tell me that your ready to help those in need, and we will wait, The Retributors so that we can do more-" Without even a moment, I noticed a new face arrived and fired a massive rock that was shaped into a spear.

I instantly jumped in front of it, taking the hit for Natalya. "Patriot get them inside, I'll deal with this. Go!" moments passed and the battlefield was me vs my new opponent.

"Hmm, the one they call the bringer of death, The Crow or is it Raven now? let's see just how strong you are. My name is Athalia, I am a follower of Hawk and I will end you right her, right now. For Ursus and for a new world without infection!"

"Your a fool if you think my brother cares for saving the infected. Has he made progress on a cure?" silence filled the air. "Exactly. If your here to fight just leave, because once you attack me, you will not walk away."

"Who are you to play God! Who do you think you are-" I had instantly moved in front of her.

"I am The Raven, The Phoenix, Blue Flame Draco and Bender of Time, I was chosen to save this world, by finding an actual cure unlike your leader who seeks to rule over the world. You wanna fight me, throw the first punch or walk away. What will you do?" Fear clearly clouding my opponent yet she still threw a punch.

"So, you chose death huh? It's a shame I want to save everyone but some are out of reach, I am sorry. My first connects to her jaw sending her 20 feet high. I then punch the air and send a shock wave that rips through her torso. She gets up as she holds her body and it instantly repairs itself.

"Your not the only immortal one, Raven." She puts her hand on the floor and spikes swell out the ground and at me.

"So you can rebuild matter, right?"

Her face clouded by a poker face.

"That's what I thought. I will have to use my flames then..." for a few moments I run in close and trade blows with Athalia. The end was in sight.

"Raven do you want help?" I turned to see Natalya on the battlefield. "Get back!" I saw Athalia place her hand on the ground. In an instant, time stops. I Instantly swap place with Natalya and time resumes as a huge spike erects from the ground and goes straight through my stomach.

"Raven NO!" As a few splatters of blood hit the floor around me. I hear my enemy laughing, not realising I've already predicted the next moves. She walks up to Natalya and punches her in stomach making her collapse. She then walks over to me.

"So I am the one who killed you, Farewell Raven, bringer of death..."

"Heh, You just fell straight into my trap!"