Chapter 5 - The Invitation and Question Part 3

Time felt as if it truly stopped, a moment across time and space, rippling throughout my body as simple words hit me harder with an impact greater than any weapon.

"Your the one who saved me, who would make me feel less alone in this world: I like you, Continuum..." The words were heard but my brain couldn't keep up, as slowly she walks towards me, the literal coldest person on earth, ice practically flowing through her veins, but I saw something else; I saw a warm kindhearted person who was misunderstood by the world, only known by her family, and maybe apart from them me.

With a few moments of time, that seemed to last a lifetime, she hugged me, and kissed my cheek. A cold sensation flared but it wasn't painful, rather I felt the emotion behind it. The first time an emotion such as love had been shown in over 10 years. A tear, glistening in the day light slowly travelled down my face, just a single tear, but that single tear was just a fraction of my built up emotion.

A few minutes had passed as the events that transpired kicked in, this overwhelming... Happiness I finally felt. Years alone, and it took someone who themselves felt along to end that internal silent suffering.

Moments later Jin appeared.

"Hey Shade, Patriot wants to speak with you about something private, its relating to you."

"OK I'll speak to him now, I wont be long Frosty" I smiled as I walk off.

An hour earlier, in downtown lungmen on a roof top.

Faust POV

"Mephisto, why are we waiting so long? this isn't a good idea, if we don't plan out our defence we will die. Why are you being so stubborn?" I looked towards my brother in arms, as he snarls at me.

"If we take out their leader they can't advance, we can take them out in an instant!" His smile, apparent as he prepares, filled with murderous intent.

"Wake up my pretties! And Faust do me a favour, set up our escape route, I'm trusting you."

The battle turned bleak as I saw his pretties running rampant on the battlefield, shards of originium coming out of his men... it was disgusting, his men were just disposable, tools to be thrown away. No matter the background, I was here to save the Infected not turn them into mindless husks. before I knew it i took my phantom crossbowman and pushed out towards an escape route, all men take aim at the road, make sure no enemy survives! As my mens arrows fly, so does mine, some of the husks had to die as they got aggressive to all units but I wouldn't let anyone get in the way. I had a mission and that was all there was.

"I will never forgive Mephisto for this, its disgraceful for someone who is trying to save the infected!" My rage slightly edging higher.

"He really didn't think of the consequences like the idiot he is." Then my attention was taken by a radio call from a fellow Phantom crossbowman.

"Sir, unidentifiable enemies are operating within the area wearing black and red coats, what are your orders?" I thought carefully about my moves before proceeding.

"Do not engage attempt to fall back to my position and regroup, I'll see you soon." After a few moments I realised that the exit route wasn't being challenged. Why aren't they challenging us? they must have some goal in mind surely.

Mephisto POV

I gazed as my wonderful creations ripped the local police cattle to pieces, one after one they fell.

"Excellent work, my creations!" The groans of my abominations echoed through the battlefield. I then noticed a squad from Rhodes Island approaching. They approached fast, I saw some of the supposed Elite operators, best of the best apparently.

"Hmmph, you think your squad can stop me and my force, Rhodes Island?" I heard laughter from of them.

"Oh you think we need all of us to beat you Mephisto? we only need one of us!" The one known as Silverash spoke, he then proceeded cut down several of my smaller abominations in a single slash.

"Hmm. Those were the easy ones; Try these on for size!" A group of my Possessed soldiers and a couple of Possessed soldiers bone-throwers attack them, Two of the shield wielders face the units head on blocking all damage as the enemy snipers melt everyone else. The enemy looked fatigue as I finally sent in my Defence Crusher and the Defence Crusher Leader  to mop up.

"Hey, Mephisto, congrats but you don't seem to notice the one behind you." 

As I turn around, I heard a chainsaw.

"Nothing personal..."

Faust POV, a few minutes earlier.

"Hey Jack, lead the main guard, I'm going to look for Mephisto real quick, a few of you come with me." In a few minute me and 6 Phantom Crossbowman went in the direction I saw Mephisto heading. We found nothing, apart from slain enemies, and allies, scattered across the floor. Is this really what we fight for? I fight to be seen as an equal, not to murder people...

We kept searching as quickly as we could, thats when we saw him. And I contacted him via radio.

"Mephisto its time to- where is that chainsaw sound coming from?" before I knew what happened I saw my child hood friend, being shredded internally by a chainsaw.

"NOOOOO!" but it was too late. "We will not jeopardise the mission" so we began to retreat.

The memories of my childhood friend replayed in my head, as a few tears ran down my face.

"This is Faust. Reporting to command."

"This is command, whats the situation?"

"Mephisto was brutally murdered, requesting either to retreat my unit to save lives or back up to avenge the fallen, your call."

"Reinforcements will be sent, stay strong."

The radio becomes silence and my rage ensues, how dare they treat us like toys to play wars with!"

Continuum POV

"Hey, Patriot, you asked for me?"

"Ah come in, I have urgent news for you, Mephisto was killed in action and we need to deploy reinforcements. Will you be able to go? I will also be joining."

"Yes I will go-" before I can finish, FrostNova walked in.

"I will also be going!"