Chapter 7 - Flames of Rebirth, Enter The Raven Part 1

Atop the burning wreckage which engulfed the entirety of the base which used to stand tall, stood a man. A man with the power to change the world, but first had to change himself. Bathed in the flames of his ancestors, he accepted who he was, who he had become, and now he would change the course of the world to save those persecuted by the unaffiliated.

As the flames soared high around me, the feeling of revitalisation pulsed through me, my body anew and healed after the damage sustained through my abilities.

"My friends and esteemed colleagues, I have returned from the brink of death - renewed by my will to save our kind, the infected, from the disease that persecutes us so. I hoped it would not turn to a race war, as the uninfected are innocent to a degree: Manipulated by those in charge! My wrath is aimed towards the governments, and Hawk, my adopted brother." I was empowered by my own speech, almost a perfect speech honestly. "but before that I have an announcement to make. I am formally leaving reunion, and forming my own group - The Retributors. If you have no interest in joining then leave and do not make an enemy of me, I am far stronger than I was before, to limits I can't even see and I have no intention in fighting my own kind." With this a lot of people left still believing in reunion. Those who stayed however were all I needed, with a surprise.

"Patriot, FrostNova, Crownslayer, W and Lappland: You still stand with me? good. I was hoping you would, and to the divisions who stayed, your loyalty will be rewarded once we save our kind, we are infected, we are not animals, test subjects, freaks or jokes. We are as human as they are if not more so. We will bring balance to the place in the name of the infected and in the name of retribution!" The crowd cheer to my speech as I can see I've riled them up, now its time to relocate and discuss tactics.

"First things first though, we need to relocate and rebuild - and if Tallulah comes after us, I will put her down myself. As for the moment, we need to find a new base location and build as quickly as we can: the problem however is building it with some decent speed. And with the new years on the way we won't have as much availability to move..." my people looked down as we all thought.

"Well you look like fun, who are you by the way blue flame boy?" an unfamiliar voice asks.

"I'm Raven, and who may I ask is talking to me?" I heard a slight giggle as flame once again erupted near by, this time orange and white.

"They have many names for me, but I go by Nian. It's time for my appearance every hundred years, and after seeing your flames, I would like to fight you. Make a wager out of it if you want?" I have a strong belief in my powers so I accepted.

"If so whats your conditions? I have one but I'll add it if you don't say it." I waited and listened.

"If I win you serve me til my last breath, If you win I will offer you my services. Those are my conditions." I smiled.

"OK, Nian, you're on!" The crowd were surprised that i was so carefree about this fight, I was different though, I had learnt to let go of things that don't make a difference and hold on to what makes me a force of nature.

And so Nian rushed me, repeatedly punching with her fists streaming with fire, and every time I blocked and even received minor burns. I then tripped her up and hit her with a flaming knee straight to the stomach sending her flying into the rubble. She quickly got back up armed with a sword and shield that phase in out of nowhere and she soon started getting the upper hand.

"So you also don't have arts, rather another power Nian?" She smiles brilliantly as she announces her ability to me.

"I am one of the few remaining users able to manipulate metals at will; it is known as metallurgy which is an ability I will never let die!" I smiled

"So can I use my ability now?" her smile turns wry.

"I am able to manipulate time to my will. Its pretty good I think." I smile as I close my eyes to attack. I accelerate time within myself, constantly moving around Nian until i go for the full blow.

"Never underestimate a clairvoyant!" I felt her sword pierce my chest as she pulls it off and I fall to my knees directly in front of her with the crowd watching.

"Your mine now, Raven, and in front of your whole association too..." I just smiled.

"This fight isn't over, I don't think you get exactly what I can do... Let me show you!" Blue flames engulf my body as time reverse my bodies condition to its pre fight condition. And then I gut punch her with my hand engulfed in flames. It was her turn to be on her knees.

"You didn't lose Nian, nor did you win, however, I would like you to join me. The choice is yours but I was not fighting at full power, because I had no intention of killing you." she smiles again.

"I didn't go all out either but thats just because I'm lazy." She pokes her tongue at me. She doesn't care about my ability whatsoever. Damn she's crazy.

"Tell you what, I'll do you a favour for now, then I'll do my own thing til the new years over. Then and only then, will I join you, and you will never get rid of me either." I smile, somewhat happy to hear a second person say this, to me it goes beyond relationships, personal loyalty from any person to another is really important.

"I'll agree to these terms, Nian, but you might have to travel with us for the that. Patriot are we good to turn your estate into our base? I don't know how exactly we will but we need a base." not a word left his mouth as he silently nodded.

With that is was time to move out...