Chapter 4 - FrostNova and W's Assault part 2

W POV

"Its been a while since we danced, W, have you improved?" I showed distaste through my facial expression, as the air exploded with hatred, flowing towards Him.

"Heh, you think you can take me still? Your deluded; enough talk, fight me!" And with that he lunged at me as I get my machete out, the sound of our weapons clanging echoes throughout the area, at this rate I wouldn't break a sweat, but its not like I expected a challenge.

"So how does it feel to be friends with the traitor who murdered Theresa-" My eyes glinting a death stare that would chill anyone to the very soul of their being.

"You know nothing, Flamebringer, you always thought you were something you weren't and I will kill you" I smile euphorically as the the standard, murderous smile appears on my face.

As our blades repeatedly clash, sparks fly as I pushed him back enough. I go for his throat. He parry's my attack and kicks me away, I recover and use my hands to stabilise myself.

"Cheap trick from a cheap bitch huh?" I glare with hostility as my signature smile remains intact. His face begins to frown and seethe with rage.

"You asked for it traitor, the devil of Sarkaz will unleash his full power." He roars as the ground erupts with pillars of flames. Then a beast only talked about in Sarkazian stories, arose. the beast known as Diablo, as it's flames engulfs Flamebringer he throws his smaller sword away and he switches his stance and two hands his great sword, now fuelled by a devils rage and the power of fire.

"Heh that it Flamebringer, I think I felt more heat from FrostNova. Whatever attack me then!" His sword attacks speed was increasing drastically, however It's still only enough to be challenging to me, not something I can't overcome come, over confident bastard. I have playfully fought Continuum before after all, he let me win.

"You will perish for the survival of this world, Reunion is worse than oripathy itself!" He launches himself at me. Shame he doesn't realise that I placed bombs everywhere. I smile to myself as i press the detonator sending debris in every direction. I managed to dodge all the debris, as I was lucky to have smaller pieces, Flamebringer however. I stood tall, sadistically smiling at what I saw. A large chunk of debris and hit Flamebringer, ripped open his stomach, as his own intestines slowly fell out, his mouth erupted as he coughed up pools of blood, painting the landscape red.

"So much for the great Flamebringer, killed by a piece of debris, I'm annoyed i didn't get to stick the knife in you myself. Oh well I might as well make sure I enjoy this." He looks in horror as his gaze meets mine, as I pick up his great sword, its detail is very intricate but I don't like the feel.

"Don't worry, this wont hurt me at all... you though? this is going to hurt a lot." I smile as I bring the blade to the side of his stomach, and plunge it straight into his lung, His Silent screams of pain, echo like a moment trapped within time, his Pain painted on his face like a portrait of a child being punished for misbehaving. Tears fall down his face - but I am not done. My smile remains as I plunge the sword into his other lung, he has only a few moments left from him not being able to breathe.

"Hmmm, your no fun Flamebringer... now do I decapitate you or plunge it into your heart? I know" a devilish grin spreads across my face replacing my sadistic smile. I slashed the sword, between his legs and cut him in two. He was already dead by the time the blade hit him in, but I wanted to finish my actions.

And with that I walk away from his butchered corpse, and I went to see how the FrostNova was doing.

Minutes Earlier, FrostNova POV

"Men keep pushing, we will defeat our enemy today, for our freedom!" The Militants slowly walked towards there targets, apparently Rhine Labs were on the pay roll this time. Disgraceful for Rhodes Island to use other organisations to do their dirty work. Are we really the bad guys? As my thoughts were brought to the front of my mind, a woman with a shield took the front of the enemy ranks as her assistants took her flanks and one stood above with a flamethrower, and two near the flanks using robotics, they fielded strangely for any set of tactics, so I replied in kind.

"Militants, go for their flanks, I will walk straight through them, Loggers and casters on me, Take them down!" As I shouted my order, the enemy looked strong as before, then we heard an explosion, Debris crashed around, one piece knocking the shield user off posture. I charge my arts blast and fire a subzero ice blast straight at her, it was met with the flames of the one at the back, but they were not enough, the blast hit the shield and knocked her back violently in a vehicle, yet she gets up.

"I will not fall!" Our team member from Rhodes has already dispatched-" A laugh echoed that I would recognise even if I was deaf.

"Did you think W died so easily? thats a foolish mistake!" Grenades filled the air as a barrage of explosions wrapped the area of the flanks of the two in the middle, with our militants slaying the disposables fielded by the enemy.

"This wars a game of chess, you can't hope to win." Before anyone could a new figure joined the fight.

"So... your the ones I was paid to kill?" The person walks up to Saria, then charges at me, I summon a wall of Ice as it gets sliced in half my shoulder gets hit. As I use my arts to freeze my wound, she slashes again and misses, this time I fire a small Ice spike into her shoulder, she looks at me as she pulls it out and comes at me again, and then W clashed swords with her. W, slowly but surely pushes her back until I fire a Ice spike into the sword woman's leg, W turned to me.

"We need to get you back now-" I tried to protest but W's resolve was strong and she made a valid point.

"How would Continuum react if you were hurt?" My face reacted in accord with the statement.

"He would go berserk and probably die from severe over exertion. We can't risk that. Men form a perimeter." With my arts active I managed to make an Ice dome covering our enemies, strong enough to withstand several attack but would break if I went far enough way, allowing time for us all to make our retreat.

"Faust we need you and Mephisto to rendezvous with us 10 miles east of our current location, can you make it within 30 minutes?"

"We'll be there!"

Faust POV

I went to speak with Continuum. After a few minutes I arrived to see him doing push ups on the floor.

"I see your keeping in shape brother." he smiles as I speak to him. "Can I borrow a few of your squad? We need to meet up with FrostNova and W and bring them back to base." without hesitation he gets up and walks over to me.

"I am coming, no Arguments - However I will bring my squad and I won't use arts just a sword! I swear on my life!"