Chapter 9 - An Unexpected, Unwelcome Surprise Part 2

As I carried Talulah back to the group, Patriot stood between us and the medics.

"Raven, what do you think your doing?! She has to be executed-" I stared at him, as she looked at him terrified.

"She belongs to me, and she will forever belong to me, if she becomes trustworthy I will let her go. I understand your objections but I will not execute her." She looks at me with tears once again brewing up.

"I am afraid I cannot allow this-" I interject.

"Do not disobey your king, Patriot. If you wish to doubt feel free, I however, much like yourself am angry, but this isn't Talulah's doing, so stop blaming her for others actions!" He remained calm and instead asked her a question.

"Why did you send Athalia after us?"

For the first time I saw visible confusion on Talulah's face, and mixed with the regret Patriot has on his face from seeing her expression I can assume she'll be allowed medical now.

"If your done, Patriot I would like to get her to a medic. She will help us fight Hawk as she needs some payback too. He steps aside as I took her to our medical team.

"My lord, she is missing a lot of blood she won't-" I interrupted quickly.

"Then give her mine. If a sign of trust is needed she acts on behalf of me, her actions I am accountable for." After hearing my words she forces herself off the table, and kneels before me. I simply pick her up and put her back on the makeshift bed.

"There's no need to bow at my feet, I rule over a people not a land." And with that the medical team proceeded to give her a blood transfusion. I asked for some privacy as she laid down recovering for a moment.

"Why did you save me?" I looked at her and sighed.

"Because, if what you told me is true, then you did nothing wrong yourself. The Talulah I knew and the one you are now, feel different, you don't have this ominous presence that you once had. Maybe it's because you were ruffed up or maybe because you are yourself again. I don't know but I trust you, and so here we are. And just a warning, my blood won't change you into me ability wise, It simply heals people pretty much instantly and then allows your body to transform it back into your normal blood." she sat up as I was about to leave. I walk over to her and hug her.

"I have a target on my back for this, but I believe in you  even if nobody else will, because we all need someone to help us in our time of need. I feel like this side of you would do the same, because you care about the infected but not to extreme's. Anyway It's time for me to leave. When you're ready to join us feel free. I have a door to knock down and family to save."

I walked out and pretty immediately she followed. In my mind I was glad she was showing the attitude I needed her to show, so that people can see she'll fight for the cause in a good way not like we've see thus far. As I went to talk to my people I rallied them and she stood to my right side, unwavering in front of the army ahead.

"It is soon time to continue onward, however, I must say today has been a long day. I will not stop marching until my service to my queen has been served. However this day I bring in front of you my old enemy, now my friend. And if a single hand is turned against you, I will show you what the strongest Sarkazian can do! If you think there any stronger there is not. That is why we win today, against an enemy that will fight back, and fight hard. Whether this day, this night, we shall show the world: Our Might!" The cheers went up and around.

Its not that I don't want to be king, but they expect a speech that will rile them, and me being me I just want to save my friends, dish out justice and then rebuild our home. I guess our desires intertwine but thats all it is. My train of thought was interrupted.

"What's our primary mission though Legions of Sarkaz?" Asked W.

"To save the Infected from under Hawks control. We will save the infected, so that peace can resume across the earth!" In unison the Legion spoke as if one mind. For the first time I was shocked. I thought they just wanted revenge, but they were asked to come to help save them? I am shocked.

That's when I spoke again as Talulah stood beside me on my right, alongside Surtr and W; whilst W and Patriot stood on my left.

"Now we will march to the enemy, we will show them our drive: OUR PASSION! And we will show them why they should never make the calm ones enraged. My words brought cheers as those looking over the rest became the leadership. Albeit, Patriot didn't like the idea of Talulah being one, he respected it all the same.

We made way towards our enemies base, we knew where it was all along but we never had the forces with low causality to attack. As much as I want to save the infected, I will not send people to early graves. But with the sheer size and ferocity of these warriors I doubt many will die at all. Which is still unwarranted deaths, sadly. At least it won't be the innocent being massacred, because this world is filled with enough injustice.

After the 7 hours that past since our return to the region, we began our advance towards the enemy base.

Mudrock conjured Colossi, whilst Nian made armour and melded them together to make the upgraded Colossi absolute bullet sponges. and when that was done, I hand my hand up as flames rushed from my hand instantly disintegrating the door, turning it to ashes.

"Sorry, I don't knock, but I believe we have an appointment with Hawk..."