Chapter 3 - Aftermath Part 2

Unknown POV, Moments after Skullshatterer's demise.

"War never really changes, it's always the same. Why did I have to lose everything? what did I do that was so bad? I told him to stop being so malicious to them but he told me if I didn't fight to kill then I would die without trying. Well, Alex, let me show you trying" As the mask fitted onto my face, I changed into my attire, this was my last stand, and I will go out gun's blazing!

"Reunion, at the ready, prepare to re-engage, Casters take the flanks, Heavies form a line, Butchers, Loggers, Junker men, with me behind the heavies!" The outdated strategy I used pushed them onto the back foot, sad how such wars go.

One shot, Two shot, my grenade launchers firing as the explosion ripples the enemy ranks, their medics can't heal and their snipers are down, I can do this.

All around me, my enemies and my men fell until I was the last remaining, I charged the enemy, my blade in my left hand, Grenade launcher in my right. This was it, this was how I fell: Avenging my brother!

I hacked and slashed as so many enemies, I didn't even realise the reinforcements arrived, the main enemy forces have retreated too. All around me the remaining forces cheered my name. "All hail Skullshatterer saviour of us!" Its all I could hear.

Shade POV

My solitude was to last one final day. I felt energised, and I was ready but as always I had to listen to the constant speeches about recovering fully before combat.

"Good grief W, can you and Frost chill out for 5 minutes? I appreciate the concern but my style isn't sitting on my ass, waiting for the good grace of god to fix my wounds. I am a soldier and fighting is what I do-" I was interrupted for the fourth time.

"Rest and heal, Shade, thats an order!" I turn away and sigh. Then i feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't be too quick to throw yourself back in front of deaths door, for our sake shade, we care about you - even W." I smirk as W appears visibly annoyed. Seems about right.

"Be aware of one thing, I may care about you all, but I have no love for extending a mission I can do in 5 minutes. Sitting in this base watching time go by, is boring as all hell." my outburst somewhat sated that it was out, Big Bob walked in, smoking as usual.

"You never get bored of smoking Bob?" I look at Bob who seems to be despairing at the moment.

"My Originium cell count has gone up again, my infections getting worse. smoking brings me a little comfort-" I walk over to Bob and put my hand on his shoulder, and allow time to rewind to a small amount to when his cell count was lower.

"something tells me those doctors got it wrong Bob, I get a feeling you know? They told me I was dying and my skin should be crystallising, but hey I'm still human." In actual fact that was a lie, I had a very small crystal start to grow on my left thigh. I can only guess it was from over exerting my power before.

before I had another second to think, all our radios went on at the same time.

"We need more support, Skullshatterer has fallen again! he's not getting up!"

Skullshatterer POV 5 minutes before.

"Keep pushing them, force them to retreat..." I sensed someone behind me.

"So you want to fight me, girl?" I turn to see a brown rabbit.

"Might you be the one who killed my brother?"

the rabbit doesn't respond. "Fine by me, I like my revenge fresh anyway." Blade strike after blade strike, we traded blow for blow, almost surprising considering she was a caster, it was a constant fight for power. Eventually I got her on the back foot, every hit, pushed her back further and further.

"you cannot win, rabbit! I WILL KILL-" silence enveloped me, as my lungs refused to acknowledge the air within my body.

The pathetic sound of failing of to breathe filled the air as the rabbit raises her right hand, currently being enveloped by a black mist. 

Her arts piercing my chest, ripping the internal system connecting my lungs together to pieces. As my blood flows out of me, I collapse onto my back... I am sorry Alex I couldn't avenge you... I did my best though.

Hey Alex, the light is so familiar huh? Alex, let's go... home...

Shade POV 

"what do you mean Skullshatterer fell again? he can't fix his injuries, so how is he back from death?

I heard a guard on the radio ask where Misha is, Alex's brother.

"This is shade. Alert Faust, Crownslayer and Mephisto to retreat, we have lost a Leader I will not lose a second. This is an order." surprisingly, they all agreed, setting traps allowing the squads to retreat. If Misha is missing and Alex is dead, please Misha don't be like that, return so we only need to say good bye to one of you...

"Faust here, I have some information...Misha is dead. I had my scope on the enemy caster who appears to be able to dodge shots and they took Skulls mask off, it was Misha." my rage explodes as I start unleashing my almost recovered hand into the wall, until my hand breaks through the wall.

I took a moment to breath.

"We will... get REVENGE!"