Chapter 2 - A Fragment of the Past Part 2

"Hello, Continuum, I am a member of the medic team. I need to ask you some questions and also show you a report we just gave to your temporary squad leader, if that is acceptable?" I shrug.

"To explain it simply, your blood originium-crystal levels are obnoxiously high. compared to anyone I've ever met. Yet your Cell originium-crystal levels seem to bounce between 0.01 and 0.20 - and we don't understand how." I look in disbelief at the medic.

"are you telling me I am infected?" my expression changing when i see the statistical report. How is my body self repairing itself? their is no other logical approach. Is it time within my body constantly reversing the effects? Am I really that powerful? Moments pass as FrostNova and Crownslayer join you outside.

"Continuum, are you OK?" I heard the white rabbits voice say to me once again.

"Crown, Frost, I saw the medical report. my body is severely infected to the point where I should be dead. how am I even resisting the effects I don't know. I can only guess my entire body is constantly rewinding time within itself without even requiring anything from me to directly repair itself. In other words, my body is actively rewinding itself to a set interval where the infection was it lowest and repeats the process. thats all i can assume tho." FrostNova looks at me with concern, and Crown looks slightly scared.

"Continuum, you understand what that Implies right? you put your hand on my shoulder earlier. Touching me causes partial necrosis, yet you didn't even seem fazed by it. thats not something I thought possible. Nobody, except my father, patriot, has ever managed to even survive touching me." She smiles as she says this. And then I hug her.

"Continuum, what are you doing?" she asks as I hug her for what might've been the first hug in years. I notice Crownslayer looks left out, and probably feels it too. Can't imagine they do many hugs here honestly. After a few more moments I hug Crownslayer. After several more moments, she pulled away from the hug.

"Continuum... I have never been hugged in my entire life. When I was young i was orphaned as a result of the infected being murdered in a small town on the outskirts of Teranoka, a Lupo town. Afterwards, I had to fend for myself until one day i stumbled across Chernobog. I was being attacked by a gang when i was rescued by Tallulah and FrostNova, afterwards i was trained, and became the best assassin in Chernobog, then we met a boy in the harsh lands, he never gave a name, just went by the boy who would walk all over Ursus. after we went to Lungmen for a mission the boy went on his own path, we never saw him again. he had this roman numeral tattoo of the number 13." Hearing this you remember, the events.

"Now you've mentioned that story Crown, He looks familiar to me, except his eye lacks the mercy that boys eyes held." you smiled.

"The city of Chernobog, that day was within 15 miles of the Sarkazian border, That was around 13 years ago, 3 years before I was betrayed and exiled, this is indeed the eye of the boy you spoke with, and the boy who promised to you Nova, that he would return. And here I am" Both of their faces drop, as you take your armour off your chest revealing 3 tattoos, the number 13, 17 and 21 in roman numerals.

"Its been a long time, my friends but here we are once more. I was going to hide behind this mask, but in my own lack of though I removed it. W will seethe with anger, she will most definitely join our enemies because she was close to my adoptive mother. That's who the queen was, to me my mother, to others our sovereign. I was Next in line to the throne, and honestly I didn't even want to be, but my brother who was also adopted betrayed me, and W, seeing what she saw, blamed me. And no matter what it hurts me to know she hates me. she was my only friend in that palace.

Meanwhile around the corner.

W POV

I want to believe you, Shade, but what I saw is what I saw, there's no changing that. maybe I can find out the truth if i speak to Kal'Tsit? And with I went to find Kal'Tsit.

Continuum/Shade POV

Me, Frost and Crown were chatting amongst ourselves as we decided to head back in to the leaders room, I put my armour back on before going inside. I still didn't understand why i was getting special privileges and thats when we saw her.

"Tallulah, what brings you here?" The woman turns and stares at me.

"He does. Tell me, would like to become a leader of Reunion? you'll have free reign to work with who you want if so. And free will to move however you want unless, I directly give you an order." I smile as I bow.

"I heard you were terrorists, But, I don't view it the brain dead way. Your fighting for the infected when nobody else does. I would like to join the ranks of the leaders!" Crown and Frost both look happy as they look away, Patriot starts walking towards you.

"Boy, I will personally train in you if you so wish. Give your answer to my daughter FrostNova." And he leaves.

"I will be getting you some armour made to mirror your new position, Continuum. Now, where did W run off to, i have an assignment for her."

"Hey, Tallulah, W went to find someone in Lungmen. I don't remember much of what I overheard by a name rang out to me, Kal'Tsit?"

"I'll go get her, and If she's betrayed us, I'll put her down..."