Chapter 5 - The Invitation and Question Part 2

The next day arrived as did my training session with patriot, I was not allowed to use my arts and had to land a hit on his armour. As easy as that sounds he's the warrior of Reunion, I pale in comparison compared to him. He's distinguished, and in my opinion a true leader amongst men.

"Are you ready, Continuum? I see my daughters watching, you might have just caught her attention like she did yours" He chuckles

"I wont let myself get flustered because she's watching, its between me and you Patriot." I smile and he does in return.

And then we both launched at each other, Despite his age he is very manoeuvrable, kinda surprising when I think about it. The sound of steel on steel ringing out, both the guerrillas and silent blade squads watched side by side as Patriot and I fought. trading blade for blow, it continued for some time, still I couldn't land a blow on his armour.

"Heh, you can really manoeuvre that shield huh? It's impressive" Patriot chuckles.

"I've fought with this shield for many many years, I know to have to efficiently fight with it" then he charges me like a bull, I sidestep the attack to the right and try to land a hit on his armour, but he stops still and slams his shield into the ground causing a small shock wave that makes me stumble backwards a little bit. I notice, that his armour has cracks in it, he really should get it repaired. Then I notice how tired he is, I dare say, he isn't combat ready anymore.

"Hey, stop daydreaming, your fighting for something here Continuum. As a warrior, give me everything you physically have!" I don't want to be the person who causes this, but as a warrior I respect the opponents wishes. I Charge back at Patriot I hear him chuckle as he moves and slams the shield into me sending me flying backwards. I land and slide backwards from the strength of the slam.

"Tough blow, Patriot, but you can't underestimate, my very will alone to achieve what I must. Even if I have to go through Talulah!" I launch myself with more force that I could and land just before him, and start a 30 slash combo, each slash scratching his shield very slightly pushing him back until the 30th hit, vertical and horizontal slashes stop as I thrust the sword straight into his shield.

"Did I?" as I look I realise my sword broke and in actual fact the shield blocked it but now had your sword stuck in it.

"I am surprised your blade actually managed to get stuck in this shield, whether completely or broken. But you know you lose this 1 v 1, don't you?" I smirked at this remark

"You think my sword will stop me fighting? Never assume I'll stop til the sweat drops its last, until my body collapses, until my blood runs cold: until my heart stops beating!" I start jumping around using my normal manoeuvrability and manage to be just fast enough to jump off the trees of the training ground and the walls of his home, and then he swaps stances.

"I don't just play defensive, Continuum, I shouldn't underestimate you and you shouldn't underestimate me!" He runs straight at me, I dodge and he's immediately repositioning to attack again, even with my speed, he can keep up with me physically. I throw my broke sword up in the air pretty far. I then focusing dodging, and as i do he starts attacking with his spear, every time I landed his spear was far short of hitting me, I kept on my feet as our squads looked on at the fate almost reaching it climax, the last 20 minutes of non stop dodging and hitting sword to shield just him toying with me, as he starts to speed up his attacks, my dodging isn't enough and every few dodges I take the side of a metal spear to the gut knocking me off balance several times over the minute or two. Then, he slams his spear down knocking me to the floor. But i caught a glint, my sword was coming down.

"Submit, you've lost." I smiled.

"If you make me submit I lose, if my sword hits your armour I win. I never said I'd hit you with sword myself..." In the next few seconds my sword hits patriot in the head, hilt first and the falls in front where the broken blades scratches his frontal armour.

"How did you know?" I smiled.

"My arts allows me to manipulate time, but I can also perfectly predict peoples movements. After I went berserk in a mission where the fallen angel appeared, is when I learnt it, I tend to be able to use it more effectively. However what i did to Kal'Tsit was different because I directly influenced it, I planned that." He takes his helmet off and smiles.

"I am impressed, one is most certainly an interesting strategist, but with your arts you would've won quickly, undoubtedly, congratulations my friend. before I forget, I will have you a better katana made than the garbage you were given, how did you fight with it?" I smile as we walk towards our men and into the mansion. Hours passed and I decided to grab some food, I was hungry enough after the fight, now I was really need some food.

"Continuum~ hello?" I turn around to see the white rabbit looking directly into my eyes, almost staring.

"hey frosty, how are you-" she walks til she's a foot away, leans in and kisses me on the lips. The moments feel like time itself stopped, as I felt a warm fuzzy feeling reverberates all over me.

"I know you like me, Continuum, but do you think I like you?"

I certainly hoped so, was the only thing running through my head.

"You look so nervous, let me take your nerves away with my answer" I smiled as I looked at her.