Chapter 2 - A Fragment of the Past Part 1

It didn't take long before we made our way to the new base setup location in Lungmen. The reason for that was the contempt shown for the infected by the Lungmenites who weren't infected; and Reunion intends to make them suffer. I on the other hand, I'm still waiting to settle the score between me and Hawk. I've still got the gun he gave me, and I left it loaded for him.

We arrived at the new base, pretty quickly as no other Reunion leader was here. "Continuum, have you been checked by a medical team at all?" I look at Crownslayer and laugh.

"Their's no need for that, I am perfectly healthy-" she interrupts me

"Let me rephrase that: Go get checked by our medical team. I don't quite feel like losing my best right now, so thats an order." I smile weakly, and make my way to the medical department, Crownslayer in toe.

"If your wondering, I am not infected Crownslayer. And I will be fine. Until I complete my task I am not allowed to fall." She looks at me, both pleased and a slight hint of worry.

"Your still being checked, no arguing." At this point I just gave up, I wasn't winning this argument.

After a few minutes of walking we reached the medic bay, and a team was waiting to examine every aspect of my being, from my health to my abilities. The tests weren't as long as I expected them to be, mostly consisting of combat drills against different materials, of them was named D32 steel, the team was surprised when i split a sheet of it in half. I didn't fully understand why, we never had this material back in Sarkaz. the last things they did was a full body scan and a blood test.

"Okay, well Continuum feel free to leave. we will compile our findings to you Crownslayer." And so me and Crownslayer proceeded to walk back to the main room of the building. Whats strange is that I was being allowed entry to the Reunion leaders room.

"So Continuum, you know of the other leaders of Reunion right?" I simply shook my head.

"Can't say I do Crown, who else is there apart from you and Tallulah?" She looks to the ceiling as she responds.

"Well, we have 8 leaders, myself and Tallulah included. There's FrostNova, she's an arts user and has an affinity for ice, nobody can touch her because of this. There's Patriot, her Adoptive father, Ex-Ursus general gone rogue after he became infected - he blames himself for the death of his son and to say it doesn't haunt him, would be a lie. Then there's Mephisto and Faust, I don't know to much about them, but none of us like Mephisto. Faust is alright, and he is considerate. Skullshatterer is the next, despite the name, he's a very caring loyalist who just wants to protect his sister. You already know about me; Tallulah is a fire arts wielder, never actually seen her fight myself, but she is the strongest of us all. and lastly-" Crown got cut short.

"There's me, W." I stare at the girl standing before us. W, you've certainly grown up a little, its a shame I can't even introduce myself.

"Crown who is this guy?" Crown smiles.

"W , this is Continuum, he is a sarkazian just like you." I keep looking in her general direction, avoiding all forms of eye contact that i can.

"Oh, well I'd certainly like to welcome you. May i see your face?" My mind went blank as I went along with the request.

"Shade?! What are you doing here? how dare you show your face to me after what you did!" i calmly put my mask on the table.

"W, your not an idiot, but answer this for me. Did you see me shoot Theresa? until you can say you know for a fact I did, get off my case. I was exiled for something nobody even saw me do even though you made a god out of the murderer." My anger flushing my face as the person who was considered to be my closest friend stood in opposition.

"Also another question W, did you find the note that was left for me? or did you see the weapon that killed her? because I did, and let me show you something." I pull out the old revolver and throw it on the table. "That's what your 'boyfriend' gave me after shooting my mother and then he proceeds to take my left eye as a trophy - whilst you and the rest of the mindless zombies blamed me! you are no more fit to lead me than you are reunion. You've disappointed me W. I'm out Crown." I pick my mask up , grab the gun I put on the table and go to leave. I realise that my display had brought quite the audience - All the reunion leaders but Tallulah.

"So your Continuum, said the white hair girl with bunny ears. I was told you'll be moving into my squad, We don't spend much time in this general area however I will not stop you if you wish to leave." I smile and put a hand on her shoulder; Everyone gasps in horror.

"It's fine, I'll stay, I will not be treated like a villain however, by people who weren't even there." I walk out and head outside.

Crownslayer's POV

After Continuum left, I felt bad for him, I can tell when someone's lying from how they breathe, he isn't lying. "Oh his medical report just came through- wait, what the hell?! Guys come over here, you need to see this!"

"Crown, what is this?" FrostNova was shocked, and everyone present also showed signs of shock.

His blood originium-crystal density is 0.97...

Continuum POV

"Hello, Continuum..."