Chapter 9 - An Unexpected, Unwelcome Surprise Part 3

As the massive door fell, Hawks squad of elites entered the fray. I stepped forward alone to face Silverash, Exusiai, Blaze, Eyjafjalla and Saria.

"Is this how you wish to start this fight, protecting a murderer, a criminal?!" Silence fell as their eyes looked empty. Then they charged at me.

"I alone will deal with this..." I launched myself at them. They were so bad at coordinating I knew these were fakes. And do after dodging I launched myself into the air.

"You think i'm scared to remove clones from existence? Flames of Removal!" As a stream of blue and white flames launch from my hand and hit the ground, the ground seems to target the clones and remove them from existence by causing a geyser under all 5 of them.

As I land I simply brush the dust off my shoulder. At this point I made a decision as the enemy forces rushed. "Sarkaz Legions I request you to deal with every single enemy that comes out of the hole. Patriot your in charge here alongside Nian; Talulah, W, Surtr with me."  As the 4 of us walked in, countless clones came and fell, to my flames, to W's bombs, to Surtr's flames and to Talulah's sword. It took some time but we made it to an open square where a man stood, alone.

"I see you made it, I knew you would. My name is not important but I'll tell you anyway. I am Shards. And these beauties are my fragments!" As he said that full replicas of FrostNova, Crownslayer, Talulah and Lappland appeared.

"They have the same power as your friends if not more so, why don't you try them on for size? ATTACK MY FRAGMENTS!"

"I'm taking my clone, I can handle it." Talulah shot straight for her clone trading blow for blow effortlessly.

"Hey Rave, Imma take lappland, I think you know who you have to take, right?" she vanished and appeared behind lappland smiling menacingly.

"Surtr I'll take the red head, call it personal pride." She dashed at Crownslayer.

"If you can hear me, somewhere, I don't care how. Time will bend to my will, Because I WILL SAVE YOU!" I launched myself at FrostNova's clone. The shock visible on Shards face.

We traded blow for blow as she was managed to keep up with my normal speed.

"Reminds me of the day I became somebody, the day people put their trust in me. It's been so long since I remembered everyone who's lived, everyone who's suffered and everyone who's died. I will never fall because the phoenix is with me!" Fire surrounds my body as a piercing screech of a real Phoenix is heard.

Meanwhile on the battlefield led by Nian and Patriot.

"What was that screech just now?" Patriot looking concerned.

"He remembered who he is at heart - Geez why did you have to break the abilities you were given... I feel bad for his enemy." Nian gave a cheeky grin to Patriot.

Back to Raven

Flames extend out of my back like wings, as a crown of flaming feathers sit atop my head shaped like a crown. "You thought fighting her would make me surrender? No, rather you have empowered me, because I will save them all and I will: DEFEAT ALL OF YOU!" I punch in the direction of Frostnova's clone as the force sends a fiery aftershock that disintegrates her clone. Then as I look down, my head looks up as my eyes dart to Shards. His fear literally lingering in the air around him.

"Hmmph, I have one more trick for you. Go HAWK!" A clone of Hawk rushes at me out of the shadows. I Trade blow for blow as slowly my rage increases and increases uncontrolled and fully empowering even further.

"You think sending his clone will save you. Hah. Lets see him survive my third strongest attack. Flames of Catastrophe. A small orb of fire on my hand turns into a super heated beam of flames. Completely eviscerating the clone from existence and in the process hitting Shards dead on.

"His single cry of pain being instantly silenced as my flames melt straight through the building and straight through the other side and eventually into the atmosphere and then into space. As I lower my hands the others look like they are done, except Talulah, her fight still went on.

"Do not help her, Surtr, W, I believe in Talulah." A smile slowly formed on her face as the evenly matched duel started to turn.

"I was used and tortured by your masters. You aren't me, your their dog. I will not allow such a weak minded individual to ever call themselves me!" Flames started to burn down her sword, and her amber eyes truly looked like they had been lit with passion. "Maybe you don't know, but I as a person have made many mistakes." She begins to push her clone back. "I killed many people." And now landing direct hits om her opponent. "But I am seeking redemption, and to save the infected in a new direction. BECAUSE OF RAVEN!" Her sword pierces her opponent, Shattering her into pieces. "On this battlefield, pride and embarrassment do not exist..."

As we walked in further, the Sarkazians were roaring as they pushed in further. This fight was ours to win.

"So, finally here you are brother. Let me show you a fragment of my power, Distort." The area around me was fragmented. I was alone here and I could hear his voice. There was nothing at this point I could do to escape this area in my mind. Then I heard pained cries from the others. 

"Maybe I should hurt the prisoners of mine too, starting with little fwosty, heheh." My rage was almost uncontrollable, thats when I heard a voice.

"To become the saviour you want to be, throw away the baggage, you will always be... my son" That's when my eyes started to burn with flames of White. I let out a piercing screech again this time much more aggressive and fear inducing as space around me cracked revealing the same room as before. I saw his smiling face besides her impaled body.

"You... Will... PAY!"