Chapter ??? - A Moment of Regret

"Hello? Anyone there?" repeatedly I would call out, but to no avail, I have no idea how long I was conscious here for, but it felt like eternity. I remember getting angry and slamming Lappland head first into the ground, the rest is hazy.

"My child, It's been so long..." the voice of my mother rang out around me. It can't be! As I slowly turn around I slowly see my mother, Theresa, come into view, Her black hair and yellow eyes looking as radiant as ever.

"M-mum? is that you?" she slowly walks towards me and hugs me.

"I am so grateful I get to see you again" she says with tears welling. "I am afraid it will be the final time, my time ended at the hands of Hawk after all."

"I know mum, I got blamed for it because i was the one he threw the gun to and make it seem like it was me. I should've done more for you-" her smile faded as she looked at me.

"This wasn't your fault, you were a victim of a nefarious plan that should never have come to fruition. But I trusted Hawk and this is how he treated me. I'm glad you were my legitimate son." My face dropped, I was told time and time again I was adopted but I wasn't?

"You were told you were as part of a lie made up by others around you, and I wouldn't play favourites between you and Hawk but now, well I have no reason to show a murderer any love therefore, I will tell you the truth, my son." She paused for a few moments.

"You are my son, and you will inherit my ability. Although, in all reality I shouldn't be able to give it to you, you are worthy to wield it to save the people of this land and most importantly: You were born with it." Her gentle smile always radiant no matter where you saw it.

"What ability do you mean? my time bending abilities?" I was confused but I wanted to know.

"No, I am a Wendigo, your father who died in battle 2 months before your birth was a noble of the Draco race, the family with flames of blue. Your part Sarkaz Wendigo and part Draco, In truth your a powerful human even when you were a child, and I would've given up all my time to train you myself, but as events went, it was not to be." her smile turned into a pained look. I hugged her.

"No matter what mum, I will never blame you for what happened, I blame Hawk and I intend to get revenge for you!" Her smile still did not return.

"I don't need you to get revenge for me, that just Isn't who I am. Save our people and save the infected: if Hawk gets in your way, then and only then, strike him down for the people who need help. That need you." She points at me as the regret I've felt losing her slowly fades away.

"Never blame yourself for the actions of others. It is an infinite cycle that will only lead to your downfall. Rather than regret and turn it into willpower, to help others not experience the pain you felt in that instance." Her words inspiring yet cut deep.

"Now my son, watch what I do as I give you the ability you were never taught." Her body slowly gets surrounded by small flames, they slowly get bigger until the air heats up, the ground starts cracking and within moments her body is encased with red flames.

"This is our families ability, to wield fire and bend it to our will. You though, you will become so much more, I can just feel it. Now try and summon your flames, just concentrate on your strongest emotion." I slowly start to focus on my compassion and anger. The ground starts shaking as small blue and white flames start appearing all around me, I overheat the area around me, and slowly my entire body encases itself within blue flames with a crown of white flames.

"You have white flames... albeit less than blue but thats amazing. White flames are the hottest flames imaginable. You truly are a prodigy, and I'm glad your my son. Now your name in Sarkazian is true, you are the Bringer of Balance. your my son, Zentrenza" Her smile radiates compassion more than ever and I can feel the power of my flames, such a destructive force but weak compared to my temporal abilities.

Then unexpectedly my black tail started to get thicker as it now resembled a Draco tail with the same colour and design as a Sarkaz tail. my downward facing horns slowly and painlessly, started to change until they were facing upwards and 2 more horns appeared. I looked towards my mum as the process finished.

"You are ready my son..." Her body started to fade as she walked up to me.

"One final hug my son, I will always live on inside of your heart of memories." As she embraced me.

"I am glad you were my mum, one day, I'll see you again..." As she smiles her body slowly slowly disappears until nothing is left. A tear slowly falls down my cheek and hits the ground.

"Until the day I die, I will fight for those who need to be fought for and I will protect them in and until my body dies I will not fall!" as my emotions begin to overflow, my flames return. Slowly engulfing me but constantly expanding.

"Nobody else will suffer on my watch!" The flames start crackling around me as explosions set off in this dreamscape. And then I opened my mouth and roared, it completely echoing around the infinite space. Flame pillars erupting all around.

Meanwhile in the ICU unit.

Nobody's POV

"Doctor Spee, the heat in Continuum's room is rising. It's coming from his body, what do we do?"

"Find a way to cool down the room, If that fails evacuate the room, and the nearby areas too. Their's no telling what will happen!"

for minutes they tried until they were forced to leave the room.

"Come in FrostNova, evacuate the nearby rooms to the ICU room, We have a situation!"

"What's going on Spee? why?"

"He's heating the room up, it's so hot to go in the room that it burns, if it gets any greater we are all at risk."

"I'll evacuate the facility."

A few seconds past as the entire facility was evacuated.

Then an explosion was heard as a vortex of blue flames blazed hundreds of feet in the air, as the familiar voice of Continuum was mixed was the roar of a dragon.

"He has awoken, huh Patriot?"

"I knew he wasn't down for the count but Frost, I need to ask him about where he got those flames from."

"Why's that Patriot?"

"Those are the flames of blue, flames belonging to a high ranking Draco clan that died out around 26 years ago."

Everyone suddenly turned to see a voice that spoke out of nowhere.

"Miss me?"