Chapter 7 - Flames of Rebirth, Enter The Raven Part 3

The next day, myself and Patriot got ready for our mission. Only me and him would go, as to not rouse suspicion whilst my team was trained on how to more effectively use there arts by FrostNova and how to be more Stealthy by W. Patriots Guerrillas wished him success and they returned to training.

"How long til we leave Patriot? I wanna do a few things before I go if thats OK?" I turned to look directly at Patriot.

"You have a few hours, we want to make sure we have enough supplies for our objective." I nod as I turn to walk off I hear Lappland and Crownslayer talking and it seems like they get somewhat along now.

It took me a few minutes to reach my personal training corner, Nobody was really allowed here but a few people came by anyway. Today I had an idea.

"If my flames can regenerate my body, can I regenerate things other than me?" As I took a moment to find something to test it on I decided to use a tree. Seeing as it was possible to obliterate I thought maybe I could prevent its destruction. I was gravely mistaken. Why is such a beautiful power, only destructive? Why couldn't I heal people of there pain, be the only outcast, but save lives. As my emotions got the better of me, my flames intertwined and turned purple as they incinerated the ground of which the tree stood.

"One day, I'll be someone amazing, more so than ever before. And that day I hope people will be fearless, because, I'll be there!" I turned to see FrostNova looking at me, with a proud expression.

"You will be you know. Your entire objective is to free the infected, you will be the hero. I can't see you in a different light." Her words were like wind beneath my wings, but behind it all anger was still a major part of my motivation.

"I wish my ability wasn't only destructive; I wish my abilities could create or heal or something. It makes me feel like a villain, not a hero." I felt down about it. Imagine trying to be the hero with the powers of destruction only, what kinda hero is that?

"It's not the power that makes a hero, it's how the hero uses that power. You seem short sighted on some things Raven, maybe because you want to be the ideal perfect idea of a hero; Yet you don't already know that you are a hero: To Me.

 It then dawned on me, maybe I wanted glory, when in actuality that wasn't even my goal. "Your right, I'm thinking wrong, thank you Frosty. My goal was to free the Infected and avenge my mother's death. The latter is my own business so I will not drag anyone else into it." She walked up to me and hugged me. "No matter what happens, I'll be here next to you." I smiled as she walked away. "I know, I'll stand next to you too." She smiles as she walks away. Sometime past before i went to leave the corner.

"Heyo, Raven" I heard the familiar voice of Nian pop up behind me. "hello Nian, how can I help you?" She smiles as she walks closer to me. "Shame, it seems your heart belongs to her huh? I'm not here for a three way relationship however I will still join you. Take that as you will, but please remember the flames of a phoenix can never go out. Can you at least heal with those flames of yours?" I looked down, solemn. 

"That look says it all. Make the most of your time together after this, ya hear me Raven?"  I smiled as I looked at her, a tear slowly dropped down my face. She walked closer and hugged me. "Jeez looking like that in front of me? you trying to recruit me or what? in all seriousness I know how it feels. Imagine living for 1000 years and having no end in sight because of immortality? My metallurgy can easily overwhelm but in reality, being immortal is all I am."  She turns around to walk off.

"Wait! Is there anything I can do? Can I ever learn to use these flames to heal?" she never turned, her voice was what scared me the most.

"The flames of destruction can never heal, you'll never be able to heal with them." she then turned around. "I am sorry, I'll let you get back on with your mission training now, Still a day or two til new years." she turned around and walked away, climbed up the wall and jumped down to the other side. My mood dropped but soon returned to normal, as I realised just how important time was, and I knew in my heart there would have to be an end, You may think Immortality is cool, but when you lose everyone you love one by one.

Time passed before I went back to Patriot. I had to get those thoughts out of my head. I realise that Nian wasn't doing that out of contempt, more so out of mercy. She doesn't want me to suffer like she did, a truly loving thing to do.

"You seem, occupied Raven, you doing ok?" I returned from my inner thoughts and back to the tasks at hand. "I'll be fine thanks Patriot, just a thought that returned. So who we going to go see thats a friend of yours?" He laughs. "Did I say friend? I meant some friends I rescued. They are a group of Ursus that are truly skilled in battle, I think you'll get on well with the leader." I look at him, confused. "How so patriot?" he takes off his mask, and smiles. "You'll know when she starts shooting!" He laugh as he walks away, putting his mask back on. "Eh fine by me, Is that all the supplies ready and onboard?" He turns and confirms this for me. "Alright then lets get this mission started!"

Meanwhile in the drop zone

"They are coming today right?"

"Yes, yes they are comrade~"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, It's been a while since I've dropped an update, This month has been really hard on me mentally, so sorry in advance for the lack in uploads, I want to aim for 5 or 6 a month but as you can tell, that was not happening this month. Also as you can tell, the story is taking a very different route now, this is officially my own story components from now on, so feel free to let me know anything you want to see or any improvements.

Also as a side note, I intend to at some point put the finished story into a single read that has no adverts between chapters or chapter parts because I understand that its a bit annoying.

Anyway, Hope you enjoying the read, I wont add on to a chapter too much if i can help it, I don't really feel like its needed.

This is Crow signing off for tonight, Expect the next upload on October 1st, and I'll see you next time. Bye