Chapter 4 - FrostNova and W's Assault Part 1

As I was ordered to rest, and was under surveillance from Faust and my own unit, I knew I wasn't going anywhere and I truly started to see the other leaders as my real friends. Even Tallulah came by the personally check on me, commending my will to protect the others and then harshly told me off saying I was not to throw my life away otherwise she would make my life not worth living.  I decided with my current condition rest would be my best option which seemed to make my men relieved.

"Sir, I do wish to speak out of term to you, so permission to speak freely Continuum?" I smiled

"Lieutenant, you know I never said you couldn't but please speak your mind." I sit up to be respectful.

"You have been with us for a small period of time, but you have more balls than anyone in Reunion could have ever imagined, you have saved our leaders several times, gone toe to toe with Kal'Tsit and won, you even succeeded in avenging Skullshatterer in my opinion. I wish I had fought alongside you sir-" I interrupted.

"I hold nothing against you nor will I, I respect your words but not everything is possible to be fought by everyone, My abilities are very hard if not impossible to counter, so there's that, however when I am recovered, We will go to Patriots region for training. also Lieutenant, you got a name?" Shock covers his face as if he has never been asked his name before, maybe partially my own fault, I have acted off the rails twice now and never spoke to my team in a more fitting manner and thats my own mistake, but I do not want my men dying for me, I want them to live for me!

"Sir my name is Jin, no last name, but Jin works for me." I smiled as I look at him.

"Jin, you have a family now, with everything in consideration, Yourself, myself and the squad, we are a family. We are the Silent Blade squad. and with that your all my family." I smile as he bows. "Tell the others to train amongst themselves with the usual training gear, and when I can, we will go to patriots to train under him." He nods, I give him a fist bump and he goes to tell the others, both on patrol of me and the others waiting outside the news.

and with that I proceed to fall into my slumber.

Meanwhile in Chernobog

Frostnova POV

"W, how are things looking?" I look at the sarkazian as she looks uncertain.

"We don't have ground control at this time-" I cut W short.

"I will push with the ground units, and you will take temporary command of this battle, after we break through on ground I will need an air force and sniper support."

"You know me Frosty, I have bombs that i can plant anywhere, just give me a shout. Good luck frosty~"

As I rallied my elite squad, I used my ice arts to make a path straight through the enemies ranks. Eventually they came.

"Rhodes Island, you came to fight." I frown as I see them.

"We have, surprised your loose cannon isn't around, although we should be grateful that monster isn't here. Heh, Lappland get some revenge for Texas." A deranged Lupo with blood lust.

As she charged me, she would keep her distance and then try and close in, firing projectiles from her blade as i would reply with an arts wall of ice. All i had to do was keep my cool, keep her at range and make her play around and tire out.

"Hey Lupo, is this the best you have?" I could see the anger in her eyes, pretty meaningless for such evil to preach to us that we are evil; Disgusting honestly. Although silent the Lupo changed her tactics, bombarding me with constant  projectiles and moving even faster trying to close the gap.

"Gah this wolf is hunting the wrong person, but don't worry I'll remind you of the pecking order." My calm voice inspiring fear in the enemy Lupo, but not enough to deter her, she was wrathful.

I began to unleash more of my arts as the atmosphere got colder and my room to attack opened. The constant barrage spam, began to wear Lappland out, after all she was using arts herself and not giving herself a break, whats her plan? I kept watching until it became apparent she was impatient. I continued to block the projectiles unless a window of opportunity opened and I took it.

I smiled as my ice shard fires and the enemy Lupo slices through my wall has their shoulder impaled by my arts icicle. I frowned as my disappointment rose. more of our men began to flood forward. I wonder if anyone else will try to block me?  I doubt they have the audacity after what happened to the Lupo.

"All men, advance!" I said as my Heavy units began to form a line as our casters began to dispatch the literal meat shields. Disgraceful that you judge us but do the exact same.

I decided to check on W to see how she was doing.

W POV

"Everything is going fine- actually scratch that, a  meat shield showed up, I'll deal with him though, don't worry~" I smiled sadistically as that failure Flamebringer shows himself.

"Just be careful W, I'll see you soon." I smile even wider. "You annoy me, what do you want to bow at my feet? your not even worthy!" Heh, it doesn't even matter, if its a sword fight you want, then I'll give you something. As my sadistic smile continues, I tilt my head in his direction.

"Hey, Flamebringer, are you ready to die?"