Chapter 8 - A Life in the Hand of a God Part 3

The one who faced me looked confused and afraid as her attack was seemingly mocked by me.

"Can I ask before I get off this spike, did you not understand my abilities before coming to fight? My smile beaming with pride and sadism; just as her face began to look terrified.

"What a monstrosity, your still not dead yet? And what do you mean your abilities? I was told of your ability to bend time and use flames, what else is there?" my smile turns wry

"I can manipulate time within my body, summon flames so hot I can disintegrate you instantly, and i can regenerate any battle damage without problem: But most importantly i can merge my flames and temporal manipulation to create a terrifying flame that can revert your own existence to nothing... But here you are with your ability trying to stop me helping and saving people from the ones who proudly fake being heroes. You disgust me!" Flames erupt within a circle around me as if the earth erupted with my rage.

"This is the terrifying power of Raven, the one who seeks to save the world from oripathy, the one bound to walk this earth for eternity, he is truly cursed to be a monster but he does not commit atrocities rather, Athalia, he seeks to save humans. He is Part Dragon, Part Phoenix. He will rise from the ashes, infinity and most of all: He is my leader! SHOW HER YOUR UNDENIABLE STRENGTH RAVEN!"

As the flames stopped flowing from the ground I was enshrouded with flames, down my arms and legs, Orange flames that I made super heat to blue. "If I touch you, you will be Incinerated. I am the execution, your decisions in life siding with Hawk, the one who causes suffering and is a criminal to the Sarkazian empire, I will bring all of those who side with him to justice!" I launch at Athalia, she tries to create a wall of rock from the ground several feet in front of her the sheer heat of my flames burnt a hole straight through them until the wall completely disintegrates before me. I stop briefly as my flames turn blue, I smirk, then accelerate my speed until i completely phase through her.

"Athalia, It's over..." My hand with blue flames completely removing her throat from her head and main body before my flames incinerate the rest of her instantly.

"What power you possess, but how can we be sure you won't turn on us after you stop Hawk?" I smile and politely respond to the girl with glasses.

"I never bite the hand that feeds me; in other words I wouldn't betray, back stab or hurt those who call me an ally, a friend. I am grotesquely powerful but with such power comes enormous responsibility that I happily accept and intend to use to the greatest limits I can; even if I have to fight alone, against an endless hoard of enemies, I will stand resolute to defend those who believe in me and fight alongside me. But how about I prove it with my actions?" The girl with glasses nods and then proceeds to turn to the others. Then they all look to towards Patriot.

"You have done much for us and we see you as a father figure, therefore we would appreciate it if you named us; if thats OK?" for the first time in a while he removed his mask and smiled.

"It would be my pleasure." I didn't know their names but I heard their new ones. The one with glasses he called Istina, the one with an axe he called Zima, the one with a frying pan was called Gummy and the last one, the one I saved.

"Raven, I have an idea for you, train this one, give her a purpose, I think she is awe of your strength." I looked towards Natalya as her shock was still written all over her face from being saved.

I went over to her and hugged her.

"In his spare time Patriot taught me Ursarian, I think the name Rosa would suit you." she smiled before a tear ran down her cheek. "I'll see to your training personally Rosa, you'll be stronger than you ever thought one day..." And with that we all proceeded to go to the helicopter which had moved for safety to the other side of the compound, where an unexpected conversation went down.

"We, the Ursus College Council (UCC) have decided we want to fight for Ravens cause, but we expect to see trustworthiness from Raven, Patriot will you allow us?" His mask covering his concern.

"Raven, they have a request for you, if you'll hear it." I walked over and smiled.

"How can I help you?" they looked resolved and confident in front of me, and I respected that greatly.

"We wish to fight for your cause and repay the favour to you. We know your immensely stronger but in a dog eat dog world we want to show our support for your kindness. We do expect you to be trust able though-"

"I want to say two things before this continues." My serious face now fully in effect. "One, I will guarantee on my partners life, in front of her dad, that I will not betray you. Secondly, I will not put your lives at risk. If you seek to help me, however, you can return with us to our base if you so wish." She smiled.

"Then, as head of the UCC, I Istina, agree."

"As deputy of the UCC, I, Zima, agree."

"As member of the UCC, I, Gummy agree!"

"As your pupil, and new member of the UCC, I, Rosa, agree."

I smiled as Patriot hugged them all, and when their hug ended, Rosa walked over and hugged me.

"I won't let you down, Raven." I smiled as the hug ended.

"If thats everything dealt with then Patriot, I think it's time to head back now?"

A few moments passed as we all boarded the helicopter.

As the the rotors spun up and the helicopter rose, I couldn't help but feel a storm was coming...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey, Crow here, so I'm really sorry about the unexplained delay this week.

I won't give you some excuse I'll be honest, I have been getting back into Destiny 2 and recently just completed Garden of Salvation Flawlessly. I know I should be keeping on top of this story, and I do intend to keep my uploads more scheduled but sometimes they will be off schedule so apologies in advance.

Moving forward with the story, I feel like there isn't much going on in the later chapters so expect a bit more action in the next few chapters and I can confirm the story is over 70% done now. Its been a wild 4 months and the next few I can assure you, will be good too.

Crow signing off, Have a great day/night wherever y'all are.