Chapter 4 - FrostNova and W's Assault Part 3

As the forces of myself, Faust and Mephisto ready themselves, Myself and the Silent Blades make a move first. I informed Faust and Mephisto to take slightly longer than me, as I want my enemy to see a real legion before them, an army that fights for the people, against the opposition of freedom. I don my armour and my katana as we begin moving out, all 13 of us, we are all a small squad, but there is nobody who could stop me and them. Mephisto and the Crusher Corp and Faust and the Phantom Bowman also are prepared there force as we depart in a helicopter towards the objective area.

5 minutes before drop off at objective, Continuum POV

"Alright men, we are going to be alone, I have no idea how many enemies are currently chasing FrostNova and W, but for them to be falling back, their must be a lot. So lets show them the true elite unit we are!" As I said this my men also cheered in unison.

"Sir regardless of what others tell me, if you tell me your ready for combat I will not get in your way, I stand beside you as we all do sir, we are the 13 warriors who shall not be defeated!" Another cheer goes up as Jin speaks his mind.

"I am proud to call you my brothers, your service may not appear much, but its a drive for me to survive so I can come back stronger than ever." And thats when we were informed that it was a 30 second estimated time of arrival.

"Silent Blades, get ready!" as soon as the helicopter landed, all 13 of us stood, not one in front of another we stood shoulder to shoulder. Rank meant nothing in eyes of family, and we stood as our troops came out of the clearing a few hundred metres in front of us, and a few metres behind them the enemy.

"Come in Faust, sniper support in 5 minutes, eastern point of my position. Mephisto, 3 minutes bring your big boys and come in from the west."

"Shade? what are you doing here?" I saw W's face bewildered as FrostNova looked annoyed at me. I smile which became a frown as soon as I saw FrostNova's injury.

"Who did that? tell me, now we don't have the time!" they looked at each other then back me.

"The enemy bounty hunter" FrostNova said.

"Fall back, reinforcements are almost here. Silent Blades, Advance and Engage!" as my command left my mouth, we left our formation and charged the enemy, our mobility undeniably too fast for our enemies foot soldiers; the sound of swords to shields echoed as one after another the enemies fell until a woman with a great sword appeared.

"You must be the bounty hunter, huh? You will lose to me, you know this right?" My main remains plain as any expression could be.

"My name is Skadi, I am the bringer of misfortune unto those who I meet. I doubt you will live." And she launches herself at me as I block. Attack after attack I parry, her attacks too sporadic to deal any real damage, and I notice a pattern. Almost as if she's just programmed to fight. I wonder what's going on here?

As I slowly start to push her back its apparent she is either untalented or not a swords woman, and for someone to wield such a weapon I find this very surprising. Its then when I was deep in thought she tries a direct slash which I parry and knock her back with the hilt of my sword. I leap at her, the sound of metal on metal all around ringing out, as my focus on my blade becomes sharper I start trading blows with Skadi, the sound of our swords rippling across the battlefield, her great sword proving very difficult to block due to its sheer size, I observe her movements again, and yet again they seem, robotic.

"I've had enough" I jump to the side of Skadi she tries to follow me; without my time acceleration, I am faster than most. I trained many days, forcing myself to exhaustion just so the next day I could do it for an extra few seconds. Over 10 and a half years that really builds up.

I slam the hilt of my sword into her stomach making her keel over as I round house kick her In the side of her head, Knocking her onto the floor. She's certainly a powerful foe to get up from that. Then I noticed her reinforcements began to arrive; but it was too late, during our duel Faust and Mephisto got into position. That's when Skadi's aerial reinforcements arrived. Then the moment I had built up for, the moment I set the enemy up for and they finally saw it. If I saw what they saw I think I'd feel fear too.

I stood at the forefront as W and Mephisto stood to my right, Faust and FrostNova stood to me left. I took a step forward as my Silent blades stood behind the other leaders, their troops in defensive positions.

"We are not going to curl over and die, we will fight, fight til our last breaths - WE WILL SET OUR PEOPLE FREE! There is not a day that goes by where we don't see the suffering of our kind and think how can we use this for our own gain! we fight the uninfected because they persecute us, the infected: We fight you because you fight for the those who do this to us! Now come at all of us, we are REUNION!" A roar from every soldier of our side goes up as the enemy looks confused and Skadi turns her back and gets on the helicopter.

As the enemy helicopters begin to rise and all the enemies onboard look at us, even Skadi who looked dazed.

"Tell your boss, your leaders, they can come, but I, Shade of Reunion, I will stand there against them, I will not stand alone, myself and the friends and family I've made stand with me. We will not fall, not to the uninfected government known as Ursus and not to the failures known as Rhodes Island. WE WILL WIN!"

As the helicopters leave our vision, I order the retreat of my men from the battlefield, this battle is over.

"Hey weren't you supposed to be resting?" I hear W ask as I turn around.

"Heh, I heard that you guys were in trouble, injured or not I will come to protect you, thats just who I am, W." I smile afterwards as I noticed FrostNova being attended to.

"Mind giving me a minute W?" She smiles as she nods, although I know deep down she is faking that smile. I walk over to FrostNova and hug her.

"Are you OK Frosty?" her face goes a shade of red I never thought I'd see from the queen of ice herself.

"I-I'm fine thank you Shade, are you OK?" I smile, as I hold my shoulder.

"Should of done some warm up honestly." I start laughing and she joins in.

After a few moments the 5 of us get together and begin our journey back to base, albeit the transports to pick us up were nearly here, as Faust called them in as soon as the enemy started retreating.

As we all board transports, Myself, W and FrostNova took a transport and Mephisto and Faust took the other transport. The journey felt shorter than the one going and we arrived back at base. Then I remember what I wanted to ask FrostNova to do, as we were getting out the transport I asked the question.

"Hey Frosty, after I've recovered, I want you to ask your father if he'll train me and my squad..."