Chapter 11 - The Past That No Longer Haunts the Future

It's been a week since my fight with Koshchei. I slept for Three days before I awoke from my slumber.

 I found Talulah resting in a chair beside my bed, as well as Crownslayer and Lappland by the door and Nian, Surtr, Mudrock and W outside speaking with what appeared to be medics.

"How... was I rescued?" Crownslayer tells Lappland to get the others.

"Talulah dived in after you, with wings ablaze from what we saw, how her flames literally burned underwater is a mystery but I can only guess, much like your outburst of utter dimension breaking it was an emotional reaction... You are who she looks up to now. The pinnacle she wishes to be like." Crownslayer then opened the door as the rest walk in.

"So, your finally awake Raven?" W asked somewhat concerned. "I guess you don't know yet."

I was confused at first, then she explained it.

"You burnt so hot you damaged every single nerve ending, and your ability to physically feel is severely impaired; To the point your body cannot regenerate it." I just looked up as I realised what happened should never have occurred.

"In other news, the remaining members, who didn't flee, of Hawk's team have been rounded up and have been put in front of court, and found guilty of murder in over Ninety cases. They are to be executed tomorrow." My face frowns.

"After all this... their is still death... whose turn is it this time?"

Mudrock spoke up "Exusiai, Texas, Kal'Tsit, Silverash, Sora and Croissant. Mostima, I believe she called herself, left them to us and disappeared, she said she owed you a favour and that she would tell the Laterano Leaders about Exusiai."

"... Well, Lappland... I think it's time... you get your...revenge." I caught my breath for a second or two. "You will execute those who betrayed you. Remind them why they are there. Crownslayer please support her... for me."

"If your wondering where we are, Raven, this is a infected city, known as Kazdel. Nian helped to rebuild it from the ground up but shes tired now. Welcome back to your kingdom." I looked to Surtr as she said this.

I then looked to Nian. "Thank you, Nian." She smiled. "Just remember to let me know how Immortality feels in a few years." She winks " Maybe saying a thousand was too much, I don't think you'd like that much." She proceeds to walk out the room.

"She's going to rest I think, she deserves it really, so do you Mudrock, you expended your energy too with your colossus." Mudrock smiled and took her leave too.

It was at that moment Talulah started to wake up.

"We'll leave you two to talk, catch you in a bit Raven." Surtr, Crownslayer, Lappland and W leave, Leaving myself and Talulah alone.

"Hey... Talulah... long time no see-" She interrupted me.

"What the hell were you thinking?! your arms and legs are bandaged to hide your burns. Why did you go through with that?!" I smiled

"I made him pay for what he did to you... What he did to me... I took action through rage and now... Here we are..." She looked sad.

"I would rather he got away than you look like this... She was lucky to have you, I hope you know that..." Talulah paused and moved to the window. "I'm lucky to have you at this moment, you saved me and believed in me, and thats why I wont leave you. I'll stay beside you."

"I wish... I knew sooner... I would've saved you..." she turns and smiles sadly.

"You couldn't of known, I am just glad you saved me in general... Others would see me die but you believed in me." I simply looked at her as she turned to me.

"Thank you Raven, for everything." The way the light reflected off her face I could swear she was smiling alongside the sun. In truth I am just happy I gave her a future of her own.

"Anyway it's time I should be going, visiting hours are almost-" I moved and reached for her hand.

"Please, stay..." She turned, shocked at my request.

"Why would you want me to stay?" I looked down.

"I enjoy your company and I really don't wanna be alone right now. That's if you don't mind?" She smiled as she sat back down.

"After all you've done for me, I'll do whatever I can for you..."

Hours pass as the current day ends and the next day begins.

12 pm the next day (Lappland Pov)

"I can't believe what's happening today, Am I sure I have it in me..."

"Lappy, it's up to you today, you don't have to do it-" I interrupt Crownslayer.

"I do. They toyed with me, like a puppy and when they got fed up they abandoned me, and there's nothing I can say to make it feel any better." Crownslayer hugged me and embraced me.

"Despite our first encounter, your my closest friend Lappy, I'll stand beside you from now on as a team."

"Alright, let's deliver judgement Crown..."

As the minutes past it was soon 12:30 pm and for Texas and Exusiai it was judgement time.

"Hello Texas... Why?"

"What do you mean why? Lappland are you just obsessive? I never loved you..."

"I know Texas but what hurt the most is you led me on, for that you killed me inside day after day and you show no remorse. If anything your a monster..."

I then turned my attention to Exusiai.

"And don't pretend like I don't know about you, I know what you did that night Texas didn't come back to the dorm. I consoled in you my feelings for Texas and you did that? And you sit there pious with that halo... your a disgrace to your race."

"You'll never be Exusiai to me Lappland, I want you to know-"

"No, Texas, You'll never be Crown to me, a true loyal friend that I care deeply about, you fake, abusive, vile creature. Good bye.."

As the seconds past, the moment came and I executed both Exusiai and Texas in front of the others as their executioner arrived.

"Let's go, Lappy..."

Meanwhile at the hospital (Raven Pov)

I just woke up after sleeping and I found that Talulah had stayed the entire time.

"Thank you... T..." she moves slightly.

"You'll always be welcome Ray..." and she places her hand on mine as she gets comfortable.

"hmm, nice to know it's over..." I rest my head on my pillow as my recovery begins... I simply lay there and I say with a smile -

"Thank you, everyone... I am no longer blinded by my past... I can finally move on..."