Chapter 3 - Aftermath Part 3

As my rage increases after each step I take towards way out of our base I take the initiative and break my own recovery, no weapon equipped on my time, just my armour. "Wait Shade-" I heard Bob shout. But it was too late my body now crackling with temporal energy propelled itself forward towards the battlefield. What should've taken around an hour to travel took mere seconds by using built up temporal energy to transform me into a human cannon ball.

Crash! I land into the ground, creating a crater the size of a bus, The whole battlefield turns to see me, an empowered titan of death rising up. "You proclaim to be the saviours of the infected, yet you murder those who don't go along with your plan. You suck up to those who are infected like dogs to their masters and now you think you can play hero whilst you just killed those 2..." I paused for a moment; the battlefield silent except for the intense crackling of my energy surrounding me.

"If you wanna play god: Then let me show you a Devil!" in the blink of an eye I launch myself at the brown rabbit, who Faust informed me about, my hand finding itself instantly wrapped around her neck, which is slowly being constricted, tighter and tighter by my hand.

"Tell me, murderer, how does it feel for judgement to be at hand?" I bring my other hand and full force slam my fist into her gut projecting her through walls and into the forest, using temporal energy to increase momentum by locking the impact for a split second. I went to continue to go to her, but several Ops from Rhodes Island got in the way.

"Hmmph, Penguin Logistics, she hired you to help them huh? aren't you a member short? or does she still seek to avoid you because of your absolute stupidity?" I began to mock them, and I sensed I hit a nerve, still I am glad I was informed on every enemy to reunion, Tallulah had a purpose for that though I am sure. "You wanna talk about her, go ahead she's never around when you need her anyway, much like your leaders huh?" I laughed hysterically.

"By what realm do I need support? I can kill all of you if I want to, but remember I don't play god like little rabbit over there." As i say this the blue messenger appears her staves crossed, and looks at me.

"Time lock!" I pretend I can't move as her team mates approach, the blank expression turns into a grin as I unleash my fist into the teams leader, sending her flying into the side of a bullet proof truck, her body denting it.

"Fallen one, your time stopping does nothing to me. Death cannot be stopped! But if you wanna try feel free. But please think about it, your own teammate just slated you as your other teammates stood back and said nothing - just because you have your own way of living. thats disgusting!" Despite her being my enemy I feel the pain of being badmouthed by those who you call friends, and with her on my side, I can just stop them as i finish off the one who thinks she can play god!

Then as if fate defying me, a black arts blast pierces my chest making a clean hole. I fall to one knee. "Heh, thats a sly move rabbit, didn't think you could move after that impact but, shows what I know." I just begin to stand up as time around me rewinds, I saw Mostima crossing her staves as I was revitalised. whilst time was rewinding, it was only me and Mostima able to communicate.

"Why would you revert my injuries, keeper of chronology - and also how are you doing this?" my surprise was in clear to the light of day.

"You actually do what you preach, from what I've seen and heard - someone who actually cares. Imagine being the only person who does though, shade. We both know your boss doesn't. she just wants to get revenge on the uninfected, but what about you, Shade, what do you stand for?" the question smacked me harder than any punch ever would.

"And to answer your question, because you increase time within yourself, I can't lock you in the current time as your body resides within another point of time, mere seconds ahead within the same time, which as it is, is an anomaly. however I can rewind time all the same, as your part of the same time stream even if your ahead." My mind is confused as I slowly start to calm down.

"I stand for anyone who's been persecuted, anyone who feels alone and the people who gave a damn about me. Where do you stand Mostima, the fallen angel; Do you care about me?" as I finishing asking time resumes to 10 second before the arts blast impacts me.

As I count down to the second the blast is fired, I dodge it almost instinctively. "Do you learn, I control time!" I proceed to walk up to Exusiai, the angel of the group.

"I recommend you stay out of my way, I don't need to kill everyone, Just those deserving judgement for there sins - seeing as you all wanna paint me in that light." I turn my back on them as I walk away. My Avengers, Mephisto's Defence crushers and Faust's Phantom bowman, alongside me, Faust and Mephisto, proceed to get onboard our armoured transports to return to base. Not 5 minutes into the trip, my energy stops crackling, and then darkness surrounds me as I collapse and my eyes close.

my subconscious felt as if eternity passed, as seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours and eventually I awoke to an irregular landscape.

My eyes open to an unusual place. "Where am I?" I hear footsteps as I look behind me.

"Welcome, Shade..."