Chapter 9 - An Unexpected, Unwelcome Surprise Part 1

After departing from the Ursus school with the new friends aboard the helicopter, hours passed by until we arrived back.

Slowly we made our way back to the base, but thats when we saw it.

"The base has been..."

"Decimated..."

Before us remained the base Nian had made for us with her metallurgy, completely laid to ruins.

I already knew, in theory, what had happened seeing as Lappland was a tool to them. They used her desire to escape captivity from them by me taking care of her. Trying to make it appear to be her betrayal when in actuality it was... HIM!

"I am going to burn them to dust!"

As my rage built the earth itself begun trembling, as super heated magma started to erupt all around us.

"I will not allow this to continue! This will end soon enough!" As my rage filled voice filled the air, cracks appeared in the ground as the earth beneath my feet shifted. I stood tall with rage filling the mid day air, the sky darkening as to match the scenes of my unquenchable anger. "They will not fall to you too, Hawk. Rather you will now face justice to my hand!" Those around me tried to calm my down as the earth ripped apart around with geysers of flames and some magma spurting everywhere. That's when I heard voices.

"Raven..." I turned around to see three people I never thought I'd see together.

"This is Mudrock and Surtr. They wanted to help you, and with what I saw it's safe to say you need the help." Said W.

"What happened here?" My question quick and my emotions still attached to every word.

"Hawks came with his new friends, Indoctrinated people with samples of your blood in them, able to manipulate only fire to incredible degrees and also a new enemy who can increase the power of others oripathy abilities. They assaulted and took every hostage by forcibly knocking them out. Hawk has some power than should not exist literally: he literally makes portals that distort space and matter." My face clearly enraged further now I know that Hawks was involved.

"He was also seen laughing at Lappland who he said led them to you because they implanted a tracker on her. She seemed visibly distressed and like with the rest they knocked her out. I was out hunting for animals at the time, by the time I returned it was too late however, these two came by afterwards."

"Its not been that long Raven, but I changed my mind, I plan to support you here." Mudrock took there helm off, revealing a woman.

"I used a voice changer before so nobody knew my voice but as it seems, we are both Sarkaz I will reveal my self to my fellow countrymen."

"I am Surtr, I came here looking for you because of a Sarkaz legend. They said twins would be at war; the one who wins will restore Sarkaz. I want to see the fight and help rebuild Sarkaz. I hope I am choosing correctly." I expressed a slightly less morbid look as I simply said.

"Watch me." Then as I said that legions of Sarkaz walked out of the tree line and bowed.

"Then, I hereby Crown you King of Sarkaz, Crow - Son of Theresa!"

Mudrock, W and Surtr along with the legions of Sarkaz all Kneel.

"All rise! Today, we seek justice for our queen, Theresa who was murdered by hawk, her adopted son! As King I see the job of bringing him to justice to be mine and mine alone, however I need help to deal with his cohorts. I also have friends to save, that I WILL lay my life down for if its necessary: Will you risk your lives to avenge our fallen queen, Save those close to me and to help me, in our victory, rebuild our EMPIRE?" A mighty roar can be heard as all those there raise their hands in the air, fists clenched.

Then Patriot walks forward.

"I am the last Wendigo of the Sarkaz, our enemy has the murderer of our Queen, we shall do onto traitors what he has done to us. Destroyed our home, turned it to ash beneath our feet. As a race we shall reclaim our pride and our home and rebuild it!" Another mighty roar filled the local area.

"Hey Raven, I thought I heard voices a little louder in this direction." I turned to see Nian.

"Nian will you also help me to save my friends?" She smiles as a massive dragon appears behind her.

"Its been many a year since I got to go all out!" I smiled a little.

"Alright then, Lets start to make our move!"

A war party, My people and some of my friends, we marched for hours. The strongest force the world will ever see, the ground quaking not under the weight but its sheer destructive force.

Whilst we walking we found a field of graves, but also a massive tree. I saw a person tied to the tree and decided to see who was tied to it. The closer I got the more and more confusion I had.

"Talulah, I killed you?"

She looked up, it was clear she was tortured by someone.

"He's in... him. My adopted father I killed is a spell caster... he can make his conscious rest and control people... It left me and entered... Hawk. He has an ally who can make copies of people. They took my DNA, made fake versions of me, beat me and left me here to die..."

I simply stared at her.

"Please, let me show you that I can be trusted. I... I will serve under you. I have made many mistakes that I... have to change for the way of right for the infected... for the peace of the world..."

I wanted to walk away but seeing her in such a way, I let her go. She fell straight to the floor. I picked her up. "Your life now is mine Talulah, prove your trustworthiness to me and I'll let you break away from your servitude." Weakly she hugs me, I was confused but I could feel a slight patch of damp from her tears.

"...It's OK Talulah, I'm here..."