Chapter 6 - A Force of Nature Part 3

A few days has passed since Continuum overexerted himself severely to the point he needed a ventilator to breathe.

FrostNova POV

"You idiot, what did they say or do to make you do this? What kind of evil did you see?" My mind remembers we took that one enemy and put them in a cell. "Time to pay them a visit.

minutes pass as I make my way to the cell, I would get answers!

I arrived to see the white wolf on her knees staring at me.

"Whats your name, Wolf?" She continues to look at me

"Code-name Lappland."she says devoid of all emotion.

"What were your orders?" I ask as my glare becomes more and more menacing.

"My orders were to fight Continuum, as I had once before." she said

"And you expect me to believe your that much stronger than Continuum? You could be long gone if you were. What Happened. Tell. Me. NOW!" My emotions were slowly getting the best of me.

"You wanna know something? He would die for you in an instant." My anger continues to rise.

"Allow me to explain what I mean. I Threatened him that we would shoot you with a test vaccine to see if that would cure oripathy. Our scientists are unsure if it works and nobody had the courage to test it, so I threatened him with it. Within seconds he has absolutely shattered me and slammed me into the floor..." her words were honest but with no sign of emotion.

"And what was the point of that? what is your organisation planning?" My internal rage was somewhat sated, however I still needed answers.

"Hawk was planning, to reverse his own oripathy by studying Continuum's blood and making a vaccine out of it. Albeit he believed this to work, he knew Continuum would not hand it over so he endangered lives of the elites: They stood no chance." She stopped and then continued "They kept lying to me about doing what Texas wanted, I love Texas like he loves you, but she... doesn't love me. Why should I fight for someone who doesn't appreciate what I do for them?"

I felt a small shred of pity, whether she was lying or not, I felt that. She was literally a tool to the system.

"Why did you want to be captured?" I asked, now confused with the information I had recieved.

"I want to get revenge for being used. I want to kill Exusiai and the rest of penguin logistics!" Her voice finally showing emotion, albeit it was rage.

"Fine, I'll get you to train with a friend of mine." I proceeded to walk out the room.

"Thank you... for your mercy. I am sorry..."

"Crownslayer, I have a recruit for you to teach."

"Who FrostNova?"

"The prisoner, they want to fight against the enemies, as for the important thing, Gather the leaders together, now. I have important information."

It took a few minutes but before long we had the entirety of the leaders, except Continuum, in the Leaders room.

"What new information do you have FrostNova?"

"Well, I found out that Hawk intends to research Continuum's blood to heal his oripathy and keep his abilities... On top of that he has been using his friends and supporters for his own good without care for them, allowing him to play chess with us metaphorically and he can be ahead at all times. We need to rethink our plans!"

"How so FrostNova? I can cause catastrophes for fun, you think I give a damn about this man?"

"With all due respect Tallulah, if he gets the abilities of Continuum, you won't be able to hurt him. He is already known for being able to bend space around him. With what Continuum's ability is, that we only understand as being able to bend time within himself, there is no telling what would happen. Your flimsy flames I doubt would hurt him." Tallulah looks visibly angry and storms out the room.

"So whats the plan? Because we don't have continuum to help us and we can't walk into his home base like we own it, his pawns will just slow us down until he is ready to fight by which point he could easily kill us - if what you tell us is true." Big Bob and Big Adam both look at me.

"I understand your scepticism seeing as we have this Intel from Lappland but, I have no reason to doubt it. She doesn't want to hurt us, she wants to kill Hawks pawns and I think the time has come to have new allies because the enemy will see Lappland's choice and some may follow, we could easily turn this against them. Its just basic strategy. However that works in reverse too. They can infiltrate us. but i don't think the first few will." Everyone looked thoughtful as we considered our options.

"If we are to allow them, we need a sign of loyalty from them. I do not know what but we do." Patriots word made me think, and for the first time I just didn't know, maybe there were ways we could achieve a form of trust but so far Lappland's the only one who I can be sure wants revenge.

"Let this Lappland out, and bring them here. I wanna see what our new recruit has to offer." W said smiling. I asked for Lappland to be brought to us and she came of her own volition. As soon as she entered the room, I saw Crownslayer wince.

"Are you both acquainted Crownslayer?" I ask as i see the visual fear on her face.

"This is the Lupo who attacked me back when I first met Continuum, he went toe to toe with her, but she forced him to retreat, compared to who he is now, I don't know what happened but he's stronger than ever." I didn't pay much attention to the commentary from Crownslayer.

"So Lappland, how do you fight?" The Lupo pulled out her two swords and they started glowing an ethereal white.

"This is the one that cut Continuum by the way..." thats when Mudrock spoke up, he usually stays in the research area but today he was vocal.

"It's more than likely, Continuum's ability isn't related to oripathy at all, more over, meaning he has a power from birth alone. Maybe if he was infected as a result of Lappland's blade cutting him, even if a small graze, it has enormously boosted his potential. The kind of power he wields, if he were to go all out, I believe he would die, however, he would easily overpower all of us, probably the whole world, before he went down. Yet he uses this power to save the infected. That's a hero, not Tallulah who seeks violence, and has forgotten how to save lives." Silence clouded the room.

"We have decided to leave reunion. We are going to Columbia. Without a new leader Reunion is doomed..."