Chapter 7

"Did he call you?" I stopped sipping my orange juice and pushed the straw to slip through my lips with my tongue.

"Who?" I asked. He leaned back on the passenger seat and with a playful smile he turned to me.

Raising his eyebrows he answered.

"Who else did you give your number yesterday?" He mocked.

"Ah. Chan." I played with the plastic straw, catching it in between in teeth and grinding it.

Before we parted ways yesterday he asked for my contact and I didn't have any reason to refuse, so I gave him what he wanted.

It's not a big deal.

"You just met him and you're already using his nickname?" He laughed at the end. I rolled my eyes and let go of the now disfigured plastic.

"His name is such a mouthful, I can't be bothered."

"So?" He asked. Ticked off by his nosiness I turned to him.

"So what?" My eyes squinted in annoyance. I just want to relax and drink my juice in peace before going to class and he keeps asking me questions!

"Did he call you?" He wasn't smiling anymore, he suddenly turned serious. I licked off the sweet orange residue on my lips.

"As he should." I replied. He didn't ask anymore questions and continued to lean on the car seat, he closed his eyes, his outstanding side profile caught my attention. Some of his black hair fell on his forehead, those intense eyebrows are wrinkled at the center, his nose proud and pointy, his lips are plump with a healthy color, his ears and nose are flushed. His clenched jaws caught my attention.

Why does he look like he's doing a photoshoot?

I shook my head and looked away from him, distracting myself by watching the cars pass by ours in this wide road.

Why was he even asking me about Chan? Huh, it's not like he cares.

Yesterday when Chan talked about asking me out, I was a bit taken back. I never experienced getting asked out so boldly, most would just leave a letter in my locker which I would directly throw out after reading one sentence.

What he did really caught me off guard, I wasn't used to it so I just awkwardly chuckled and didn't answer him. I want to stuff my mouth with paper when I picture how I looked in front if him with that expression!

What made it worse was that Sehun saw me pull out an expression like that!

Good thing he disregarded that topic and just asked for my number instead. Which I gave him.

'Great, I'll call you later Sejeong.'

And he did.

Chan did called me last night, just when I was about to slip on my bathtub he called me. I didn't wanna ignore him but I also want to take a bath so I can sleep, so I answered his call while I was submerged on my rose scented bath water.

We just talked about the movie and how he wants to meet me again, I just agreed to whatever he was saying to drop the call. My eyes almost gave up on me during our call and could've ended with me in my tub dropped dead sleeping.

Now that I'm recalling it, he did mention meeting me first thing today but I couldn't remember where we'll 'meet'. Was I even remembering our conversation correctly or I was too sleepy to care?

I slurped up the last few drops of my orange juice through the straw, noisily sucking air at the end. I spotted a small trash bin and threw the box inside flawlessly before comfortably leaning on my car seat.