Chapter 33

I want to resist his grip, when he held me on my shoulders to shield me from the people, when he brought me outside, his hand's firmly holding my small hand, when he sat me on a concrete box I wanted to let go of his hand, to squirm with my original strength but I didn't.

I wanted to be with him.

Huh. I'm not really that intoxicated aren't I.

It's still early, people passed by the sidewalk. Some threw a glance at me, some whistled to get my attention, a few whispered to their friends ear, it made me wonder what are their thoughts.

Probably some are wondering by I'm sitting one meter away from this handsome man beside me.

"Tell me why you brought me here." I spoke to break the silence. I leaned back with my palms touching the rough concrete box, behind us are tall green bushes with warm fairy lights.

I looked at him, the yellow lights reflected so well on his skin. It made me study his face, I can't believe I missed looking at this man's face so much that I can spot the light change in his expression in an instant.

"You left m-, the house so suddenly." He stuttered. His eyes darted to me, I wanted to look away but there's still alcohol running inside my blood, I did what I wanted to do for a long time and just looked at him without faltering.

"After you left with that guy-."

"He's Sungjae." I corrected.

I'm sure he's already aware of his name, Sungjae's the only brother of the love of his life he should know yet why won't he say his name? Like something is stuck inside his throat preventing him from speaking his name.

"Hm, him." He nodded. "After that, I went home but you were gone." His voice turned into a whisper, those eyes that always wanted to draw me closer flashed a pained expression as he looked at me straight. My heart ached all of a sudden, a sharp pain entered so I breathed deeply.

"I looked for you everywhere in the corner of that house, brother told me you left but I didn't believed him." I parted my mouth to get more air inside my chest to lessen the pain.

"The last place I went to check was your room." My eyes fluttered. My mind tried formulating a lot of different reasons why he would search my room last but I couldn't think of any reason.

Wouldn't he search for me in my room first?

"I thought that..." he rubbed his face with his palm, a corner of his lips turned upward. "It would really be true that you left,  if I can't find you  inside with your pink pajamas sitting down on your patio looking at the moon with such bright eyes." I closed my mouth, widening my eyes purposely to accommodate the warm liquid that beginning to form.

"I was terrified to go in and not find you." I bit the flesh inside my mouth, I didn't care if it bled, the rusty taste of my blood landed on my tongue.

"That night, you only talked about your side of the story." I didn't know there would come a day when I could see a sad smile form on his lips. I took a sharp breath.

"That's enough." I clapped. Sitting straight, I avoided looking at him.

"I don't want to listen." Bent my head down. My hands clasped together and landed on my lap. I played with my leather skirt, my hair covered my face but I didn't fix it. I don't want him to see me.