Chapter 24

"Why's miss popular looking so bad today?" Dipping his head in front of my face, I leaned back on my seat and lightly smacked his face with the notebook in my hand.

"Stop sneaking up on me." I said with squinted eyes.

He stood up straight and cupped his cheek. I raised an eyebrow when he pouted his lips out, trying to act cute.

"You're so abusive!" He sobbed. I looked at him with disgust, how can a grown up manage to act like this without being embarrassed?

"Why are you bothering me?" Shaking my head lightly, I rested my chin on my palm.

"Ah." He stopped rubbing his cheek and smiled.

"It's my birthday tomorrow, you're invited."

His birthday?

"And? Why should I go?" 

"Because you're my best friend and I have someone I've always wanted you to meet?" He paused and my eyes followed him dropping to his knees, his hands grasping on the edge of my table.

What is this guy up to?

"C'mon Sejeong, we've been friends for years yet you never celebrate my birthday with me!" I sat up straight, my eyes widened when he became so childish and dipped his head lower. He let go of my table and his hands dropped to the ground, as if he's greeting an emperor.

"Yah, stand up." I kicked him under my table.

"No! This is my desperate attempt to make you come!" He persisted.

"Sungjae, if you don't stand up right now I'll fucking throw you out of this room." I pushed my chair back and stood up.

My eyes searched the room and a couple of my block mates witnessed this embarrassing scene. It's a little after lunch time so some students are going back to our room, if this goes on we'll have a full crowd.

Fuck you Jae.

"Unless you say yes, I'll never stand up." He lift his head and shook it like a child.

"So I guess I have no other choice." I said in between gritted teeth.

"Huh?" He brimmed brightly. "You'll come?"

I shook my head, slowly making my way towards him.

"No, I'll throw you out of the room." Grabbing his collar I used my upper strength to lift him up. He scrambled and his feet hurriedly glued itself on the floor, making sure he won't fall down.

"So...will you still insist?" I pushed him away. His eyes grew big, holding on to his neck he breathed deeply.

"I thought I was gonna die!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes when he asked me to do it again, he'll never understand. It's like he has the mentality of a three year old.

When I went back to my seat, a couple of my block mates already surrounded Sungjae.

"Hey Jae, it is true that your sister's also coming home?" One girl with a high ponytail asked.

Sungjae cleared his throat and casually leaned on the table next to him, acting all cool all of a sudden.

"Ha, how did you know? Have you been following my social media-."

"Oh please, we saw her Ig stories." A different girl cut him off his delusional state.

Sungjae's hand slipped on the table and he stumbled before acting like nothing happened.