Chapter 49

"I'm so sorry to barge in like this miss Wendy, I won't be staying for lunch but thank you!" Hana's voice echoed inside the hollow room as we're going down the stairs.

"Oh is that so? That's a waste I cooked one of my best dish and it's quite sad that you wouldn't stay for long. Oh I'm sorry for this but wow, you really look like my sister." Wendy commented.

"I know!" She shrieked in laughter.

I guess they finally met, but that isn't what's important as of this moment. Why is Hana here? What business do we have with each other? The last time I checked we aren't really that well acquainted for her to visit me.

In the middle of my thoughts a warm hand suddenly enveloped my right hand which made me look down in surprise.

"Don't blankly walk down the stairs, it's dangerous." He reminded. I was fully aware of the steps and was being really cautious but because he held my hands just to remind me to be more careful, I just nodded obediently with my chest thumping so heavily.

"Hana."

Kai who got down first greeted Hana once again and went besides Wendy, placing his hand over my sister's shoulder. Wendy's eyes shifted between me and Hana with a dazzled expression, it's like she's witnessing an actual two headed lion or something.

As we finally descended on the stairs, Hana's attention turned to us, more specifically on our entwined hands. I didn't release my already loose grip on Sehun's hand and surprisingly nor did he, instead Sehun tightened his grip on mine.

"Sejeong, Sehun." Hana raised her hand and said hi.

"Hana, I heard you called for me?" I directly went for the steak. She looked taken back by my sudden question, she probably expected me to greet her and make some small talks but I don't have the luxury to spend more time with her.

"Ah yes I did." Her eyes were fixed once again on mine and Sehun's hands, probably not just her but also another two pair of eyes joined hers.

"Well, what did you want talk about?" I asked, not budging even an inch.

"Can we talk somewhere in private?" She requested.

"Sure." I turned my head to Kai. I didn't even need to open my mouth when he nodded his head.

"Use my study." I thanked him and unwillingly squirmed my fingers gradually from Sehun's grip, I was about to be free when.

"What is your business here?" Sehun directly asked Hana, tugging my fingers back into his hands.

"Sehun, let us just talk." I said in between gritted teeth. All I want is to be finished with Hana as soon as I can, is that really bad? Also, why's he acting like this anyway?

"No, not until she tells me what her purpose of meeting you." He looked at me with such nervous eyes that it started to worry me.

He's anxious and it shows, the more I stare back in his dark eyes the more I sense the anxiety that he's feeling. Which made me wonder first if this is about his illness, if so would it be alright to conclude that before I knew about his condition, Hana knew about it first.

That thought gave a small squeeze in my chest as expected.

"Jesus Hun, why're you so uptight? Anyways I'm here to talk about pastries with Sejeong, is that illegal now?" Hana retorted with a trace of irritation on her voice.

"I've been brain storming for a new recipe and Jae told me that Sejeong's a great cook." She shrugged.

Pastries? Who would believe that she barged in, looking for me just to talk about pastries?