Chapter 10

Barefooted I opened my sliding door, the coldness of the marble floor moves in only to meet the warmth of my blood.

I have underestimated the coldness tonight when I took a step in my patio my feet flinched at the ice cold floor. I went back and grabbed my fluffy slippers, the smooth fur comforted my freezing toes. Wiggling my toes inside the slippers, I went back to the patio, holding on to my thin coat.

The night had fallen fast. No more than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with luminous stars scattered on the horizon.

It's eight in the evening yet there's still no sign of him. I already finished eating my dinner but he still hasn't come home.

Were they supposed to end this late today? How am I supposed to pay him back?

I sighed and turned back to enter my room once again, the comfortable temperature of my room warmed up my blood. Rubbing my arms, I hurriedly turned around and closed the sliding door.

"Brr." It's freezing cold today, it was pouring heavily earlier just when I returned home. The rain has subsided but it's probably still raining in some areas as of this moment, perhaps this is the reason why he hasn't gone home yet?

Our chauffeur hasn't reported back yet, after sending me home he went back to school for Sehun but both of them aren't back yet.

I went to my bed and reached for my phone, pulling the covers to my thighs I felt relieved.

I opened my phone, the bright light caused my eyes to squint.

Ugh shit. Let's turn down the brightness or I'll go blind at this rate.

Tapping my fingers on the screen, I checked my messages. A couple of unread messages came to the screen but none of them was from him, I continued tapping the screen until I'm in my contacts with his name in the screen.

My finger twitched and came to a halt.

Eh?

I blanked out for a second, questioning myself why I ended up almost calling him. I shook my head and turned my phone off, eventually throwing it on my bed as it bounced off to the headboard creating a thud.

I stood up, the covers fell on the floor but I didn't bother to fix it.

I twisted my crystal doorknob with the plan of going downstairs when just at the moment when I opened my door I saw my sister's moving back. I rushed and popped my head out of my door.

"Wendy!" I called her. Her head turned to my direction, holding a tray of fruits she turned her body to face me.

"What?" She asked.

My throat dried up causing me to cough, I placed my fisted hand over my mouth, carefully looking around.

Is he home yet? There's no way in hell I'm gonna ask her that.

"Fruits." I cleared my throat. "Are you giving Sehun some fruits and not me?" I raised my eyebrow, my grip on my door tightened. My heart is pounding, scared that she might see through my act.

"This" she showed me the tray with a smile.

"Is for my husband, besides you didn't ask for any snacks and Sehun's still at school." Her blonde hair moved along with her as she shook her head.

"Oh. Okay then." So he's still at school.

"You want some snacks? Your exams must be near, what do you want me to prepare?" I raised my head to my sister.