Chapter 46

As I rouse from a heavy slumber I am first aware of the coolness of the air and it's faint fragrance of disinfectant, then what followed is the sound of a man's voice telling me that I'm not alone.

"She's okay now, the doctor said it had something to do with her blood pressure falling due to overeating." He paused to listen to the person on the other line. "Yes, we can be leave after she wakes up, hm just some Advil. I'll be fine but could you come pick us up? I don't want to- room 12, thanks."

What happened to me?

The last thing I can recall is when we had a dinner, in the middle of the crowding large trees, on the beautiful green land, perhaps it was really a dream?

I opened my eyes slowly, the heavy lids wanted to close back but I fought the sleep and was greeted immediately by the bright white lights. Rubbing off the remaining sleep on my eyes, I started to adapt the brightness.

"Seje?" Sehun's voice came closer, I removed my hands from my face and turned my eyes to him. He caressed my hair, the memories of what happened played back as if some VCR in my mind, sudden ache in my chest erupted the moment I saw his handsome face, it felt as if my heart didn't want him to come any closer.

"Don't touch me."

The upturned inner corner of his eyebrows turned into a furrow, from worry he turned confused by my sudden words.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked, checking my forehead with the back of his hand.

"I don't want you here." My left hand dust off his hand, surprising him by my sudden behavior. He didn't know the reason why I'm acting like this, he didn't know anything, he's oblivious of what he said that caused me to end up like this.

"What's wrong?" Panic was obvious is in his voice.

I cannot bear his eyes on me any longer so I sat up, I winced in pain the moment I tried to use some force on my leg. Uncovering the white blanket above my leg, I saw the bandaged ankle with a few blood absorbed in the white gauze.

I looked at my hands and saw the one line of tube connecting in the veins on the back of my hand, I followed the tube and saw the intravenous fluid that's almost half empty.

"Seje, please rest for a while. I'll call someone over to check on yo-."

"Could you also please stop acting like you care?" The coldness of my voice felt superior to the coldest nights in the Atlantic, like sharp popsicles are ready to be pierce through you.

"What's going on? Why're you acting like this?" He asked, see totally oblivious of everything.

"You don't need to know, just like how I don't need to know that you were saying your I love you's to another person." I felt a small scratch in my chest. I couldn't remember the exact words that he said over the phone but I'm certain he said he loves her.

I wanted to forget everything he said but look at what this pretty mind of mine, the moment I woke up, the moment I heard his voice I remembered everything.

It was better if I didn't. How lucky would I be if I just forgot everything?

"I never said that to another person Seje, what are you saying?" I turned my eyes to him, gradually animosity clouded my chest.

"Right, you said it over the phone." Sarcasm in my tone.

"Phone?" His eyes wandered to the side, acting as if he forgot what he did.