Chapter 23

"Just take one, here." Her pale hand came into my sight with a glass of water. I nodded, taking the small white pill in between my teeth before grabbing the glass. With the water ready, I moved the small pill to my tongue, thinking it will be leave a bitter taste on my mouth I immediately drank the water right after.

Washing away the non-existent bitter taste off my mouth.

"You okay?" Licking the last drop from the glass, my eyes met with her worried pair of bright eyes. I didn't wanna worry her, so instead of telling her the truth I shook my head.

"I'm fine, it's just I want to sleep so badly." I gave the glass back to her hands, which she quickly grasped with her jade like finger.

"This is just a one time thing okay? You know it's not good if you rely on sleeping pills." Her concern for me gave my heart a warm tug. I nodded and dropped myself to my bed.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna be addicted to it." A small laugh escaped with my warm breath.

"Just making sure." My eyes remained looking at the crystal chandelier above me.

"I'll better go and see how Sehun's doing." She informed before getting out of my room.

Silence embraced me, my eyes stayed still, I couldn't move, I'm aware that at this moment nothing can make me move.

Hana

That name has been ringing inside my mind for so many times that it started to hurt my head.

Question have been left unanswered when Sehun passed out crying, Kai then saw us. I can still remember how his older brother looked at him disappointedly.

He later dragged Sehun inside his room and I was left outside, dumbfounded.

That was until Wendy followed Kai out and saw me standing still in the middle of the hall, that's when I snapped out of my thoughts.

Questions, lots of questions ran inside my mind. I deeply took a breath when the pain inside me just won't go away, once I breathed out it lessened the burden inside my chest.

I was actually hoping for him to say my name, what a joke. I'm a joke.

"Hana." I whispered, my eyes squinting at the blank ceiling.

I never heard of that name leave Sehun's lips before. The way he spoke her name, it was different.

Whoever she is I'm certain, he loves her...so damn much.

No one in their right mind would cry over someone they don't love after all.

Why am I...I shouldn't even be bothered with this.

Like a stiff log, I turned into a prone position, my face dropped to the soft sheets of my bed. My hand gripped on the blanket and pulled myself to my pillow, the sleeping pill is slowly invading my system.

My eyes are getting heavier, I felt my anxious heart began to be lighter. Then the darkness was the last thing I remembered.

—-

"Your skin looks so dry, let's stop taking that sleeping pill."

"Just give me my food." I slapped her finger away from my cheek. Seating down on our dining table, my hands dropped to the table, looking around cautiously.

"Geez, what's with you grumpy girl?" I rolled my eyes and asked her for the food one more time. I felt my tummy growled when she presented a thick fluffy pancake with melted butter on top.  I reached out for the strawberry jam and scooped a spoonful of jam and dropping everything on top with the butter.