Chapter 42

"Hm!" He exclaimed as he munched on the cookies, he repeated his expression of satisfaction every bite on each cookie. One by one I saw how my first batch of cookies got devoured by this tall man, his pale complexion made the small crumbs of cookies visible on the corner of his lips.

Just like this he's back being a yellow chick.

"Is it really that good or are you forcing yourself?" I asked, of course I know my cookies are good but I wasn't sure if it's 'that' delicious for him to keep his face down, digging in on it. One wrong move he could choke himself.

After a long while since he started eating, he finally raised his face and his eyes met mine, my eyes shifted to his thumb, slowly tracing his lower lip and nibbling the crumbs.

I gulped.

"This is the best cookie I've ever tasted."  I pouted and my lips poked out, forcing to hide a small smile from appearing.

It's my fault, I really bake some nasty good cookies.

"Oh, then eat more." I motioned to the cookies and leaned my back on the couch with my hands crossed under my chest.

"You won't eat?" He asked. My eyebrows rose when he offered me the plastic ware with only a few cookies left.

I mean, earlier I was hungry and was craving for some sweets but after having whiffed too much of its scent and probably after seeing him eat joyfully it just stopped my craving.

It could also be because he pinned me on my sink, how our bodies were so close that you could feel our hearts beating, it's just that suddenly I wasn't hungry for cookies anymore.

However I couldn't tell him that.

"No, I was about to give those to my neighbor so help yourself." Of course there's no such neighbors.

"Neighbor?" He stopped chewing and gulped down the cookies with the glass of milk that I prepared.

"Hm, yeah." I'm trying so hard to convince myself that such a neighbor exists.

"Who?" He asked, gently dusting off his hands. His eyes narrowed on me, I somehow imagined my apartment to be an interrogation room with a white lap moving on top of me.

"Jisoo." I spat out a non-existent name.

"A boy?" Now he's also leaning back on his sofa. We are now face to face with our hands crossed and the only barrier between is my small coffee table.

"G-." I cleared my throat when I felt my voice started to shake. "Why should it matter anyway?" I shrugged off his question and countered him with another question.

"Seje, do you still not know how I feel about you and boys?"

"I can be friends with them without kissing and having sex with them, don't worry." I sucked up so much air that I said that in one go. Seeing how he pursed his lips and clenched his jaws, not to mention those intense eyebrows furrowing I could tell I said the wrong words.

"It's not you that I have a problem with Seje, it's them." He's back to being the growling wolf again.

"My friends can be trusted." I  defended.

"Not all of them." It's really weird. One look and I could tell who's he's referring to, I sighed and shook my head.

"Chan's just-"

"I didn't mention him." I closed my lips and looked down at the three pieces of cookies left.

How sneaky, I should've just said this Jisoo's a girl! Sometimes I want to smack myself so hard.