Chapter 19

Do I really have to go?

I already opened my door but my feet stayed glued inside my room. I just wanted to sleep for today but things took a turn for the worse, first it was Wendy's troublesome chores and now Chan.

Recalling our call from earlier I took a deep breath and went out of my room after five minutes of contemplating inside.

Even when I didn't say yes, he said he'll take me somewhere, refusing at this time is not one of the options also. Ugh, I just want this day to be over!

Clutching my small shoulder bag near my thick white Tweed Chanel dress I went downstairs.

Even if I didn't exactly consider this as a date, I wanted to look good when I'm outside so I put on a minimal make-up on me just to make it a bit presentable, I also curled the ends of my hair to add more volume.

It's not that much.

"Ooh, wow!" Wendy who was watching TV in the living room turned to me when I passed by her eyes. I lift my chin and looked away, trying to act as normal as I could.

"You goin' somewhere?" She teased, wriggling her eyebrows as her eyes looked at me from head to toe.

"Yeah, just somewhere."  What was I supposed to say when Chan didn't even say anything, he just said it's a surprise.

"Wait." Her wriggling eyebrows halted and she looked to her side, glaring at the door of our leisure room near the kitchen.

"Why isn't Sehun dressed yet? Aish." She made a sound of annoyance.  "That lazy boy, I'll get him." She got up and started to walk to the leisure room. My eyes widened for a moment, immediately my hands came forward with my palms facing away from my body.

"No! I'm not going with him." I said the second part a little softer.

"Eh?" Her feet stopped as her body turned to me. Painted with confusion, her eyes prompted me to fill her in with the reason. With eyes closed, I placed my hands on the side of my waist.

"I'm going with a friend." I avoided her confused eyes and only opened my eyes when I turned to the big door in our living room.

"Friend?" Her direction changed and began to stride towards me. "Is it a he?" Intrigued, her eyes searched my eyes for answers.

"Huh?" She excitedly budged me.

"J-." Barely getting a word out my phone inside my bag rang, I looked up at her with my mouth slightly parted.

"Go on."

She nodded and asked me to answer the phone, I gulped and opened my bag slowly.

I swear if this is you Chan.

Carefully bringing my phone out, the backlight continued to flicker as the strong ringtone filled the wide hallow room.

The bright screen of my phone correctly displayed the name I wish didn't.

I took a quick glimpse of my sister's eyes, she caught me staring and motioned to answer the phone. Gritting my teeth I answered the call.

"Hm." I heard the rustles of his hair against the phone first before his deep voice.

"Ah, Sejeong. I'm here." My eyes went to the closed large wooden door, without turning to my sister, my feet started to walk towards him.

I'm still a part of this household, it wouldn't be good to keep a guest waiting.

I heard Wendy's footsteps as well, but hers was getting softer and softer, the opposite of what I expected.

Taking a glimpse on where Wendy was earlier, she left?

"Hm 'kay, I'm coming." I said before dropping the call to open the massive door in-front of me.

I slowly backed away as I opened the huge frame, when it was already enough I stopped and peaked outside, my hair fell on to my side.

The crimson colored sky welcomed me, his blonde hair mixed well with the orange hue of the horizon, one side of face is illuminated with red as the other had a faint blue undertone.

His round eyes .

When you first see such eyes, you would notice the round shape which looks innocent and pure that it could be compared to with a child's eyes. However when you look at them a with a bit more attention, the narrow ends of his eyes had a flirtatious upward curve, which are very alluring and amorous, adding a bit of delicacy to his tender eyes.

His smile made a deep indention on his cheeks, which made it stand out among all his features.

"Good afternoon." He said a different greeting this time. His eyes traveled on my body as I fixed the hair that's out of place in a rush.

"Good afternoon." I replied still holding on to the frame of the door.

"You look beau-."

"Chanyeol." My heart thumped when a voice crept beside me, in reflex I leaned away from the voice and my head wandered to the direction of his voice.

The moment I turned to him, my eyes had to adjust all of a sudden because his face was so near mine. His head is just over my shoulder!

"Hey man." My gaze shifted between the two men.

Chan's face didn't change but his smile didn't reach his eyes anymore. A smile that I'm very familiar of flashed on his face, a smile of indifference.

Sehun's expression turned serious all of a sudden, a face he never made when he's talking to a friend.

"Welcome to our home." Sehun casually welcomed, my breathing was relieved when Sehun pulled away and stood straight behind me.

"Thanks man, it's been a while since I've been here." Chan said, looking straight in Sehun's eyes.

"It's really been quite awhile,huh." Sehun snorted with a small rise in the corner of his lips.

"So you're gonna have a date with my sister in law's sibling?" Sister-in-law's sibling, I have never heard Sehun called me that before. Somehow another shadow of unfamiliarity started to snake in my chest, it became uncomfortable and unease after hearing his words.

"Yes, I want to take her out to have some fun." Chan placed his hands inside his pocket, which brought more emphasis on his broad chest, as his formal white polo tightened around his body.

"You wouldn't mind won't you?" Chan threw a question.

It is impossible for me not to feel the hostility in their tone, even if I don't know why they are acting like this I decided to step up in between them, pushing the door more to the side.

Lifting my face to see Chan, it was easy to gain his attention now that I'm in the middle of both of them.

"Let's just go." I ordered.

His eyes lingered on mine before his smile returned to it's original state.

"As you wish." He playfully replied, he held his palm out in front of me. I didn't hesitated and placed my small hands on his warm slender fingers.

As if nothing happened, as if the dark shadow of spite never started to begin with Chan smiled back at Sehun.

"Well, I'll take good care of Sejeong man." He raised his eyebrows at him. I tugged his hand firmly which made him look down at me.

"Ah right, let's go." He read my thoughts and bid goodbye to Sehun who's left by the side of the door. I didn't bother to turn around to bid my goodbye's, it wasn't like I'm not returning home and...

It's not as if he cares that much about his sister-in-laws sibling. That would be absurd.