Chapter 35

"Hm." He nodded his head, his eyes still locked on to the front. I followed the direction of his eyes and looked at the crowded parked cars in front of us.

There would be no harm in telling him.

"Where should I start." I closed my eyes lazily, a small smirk playing on the corner of my lips.

—-1 month before

"Tell me more about her." Leaning my back on the trunk of the tree, sweeping my eyes over the horizon I took a deep breath to prepare myself.

It's been a week since I left the Oh's residence and started to live by myself, today Sungjae came to invite me outside. He probably pitied the poor old me, probably thinking I'll do something worse than crying all night.

I agreed, however I let him promise me one thing before coming with him, that's to tell me everything that I want to know.

"My sister is really your polar opposite." Sungjae started. Getting his left hand, the coiled finger began to straighten out one by one as he mentioned how different I am from her.

"She's nice, her laugh is really pretty, her eyes are always bright, she speaks with such a soft voice, she's a great cook, she's like a flower.." All of a sudden his excitement faded when he looked at me, hesitating to speak more.

"Should I continue? Basically she's the perfect girl, for me at least." He shrugged his shoulder and opened his hand for all his fingers to stood up.

"Huh." Astonished I fell more into self pity. Hana is really what she looks like, a flawless woman.

If you compare her to me, probably you'd take a double look at her first and then at me but your eyes will always choose to stay on her.

"B-But you're stronger! You're no flower but a cactus!" He turned his body to face me, the mat beneath him crumpled.

Should that make me glad?

"That's your strong point." He mumbled. I smiled a little, he looked like he regretted praising his sister so much.

"Next question, h-how did she and Sehun met?" My voice is so small you couldn't hear it unless you're already reading my lips.

I saw how Sungjae's eyes turned even more cautious, his lips moved but he wouldn't speak a single word out.

"I want to know so it'll hurt less, so please." Closing my eyes, the fresh dewy breeze getting inside my lungs. Filling me inside, silently preparing for my heart to feel less pain.

Asking me if I'm sure, I nodded my head slowly.

"If you say so, just tell me to shut up when you can't take it anymore." I nodded. I placed my hands on top of my lap, gently fondling the skin of my thumb with my nails.

"Sehun went to the same middle school as her, they were friends...childhood friends, had the same goal of bringing justice, they just clicked. Sehun would always come over our house to just play video games while my sister helped my mom to bake pastries, as for me, I never liked him so I kept my distance. When he's at home I'll be inside my room, it's good that he only visited once a week." Sungjae started to tell me everything.

I kept taking frequent deep breathes, the more he talked about their past the more my heart sank. They had a really long history, a lot of irreplaceable memories, inside jokes that only they could understand, they made their own world just for the both of them and no stranger can get in.

"But everything changed when sis wanted to stop talking law and practice culinary arts, she wanted to be a chef...she changed her dream." I opened my eyes and turned my head to Sungjae.