Chapter 45

As night fell, the illuminating bright yellow lights strongly reflected on our complexion. My eyes on his and his smiles are exclusively just for me.

There's no fancy music, no band playing behind us but everything just felt like something out of a movie, playing our own song as the track.

"So." I twisted the fork, the long white strands of the noodles followed every turn and then I tilt my head to the side.

"What's with all of these." I motioned my eyes around, this question was coming and I know he's already prepared a response for this.

Taking a sip of water, he cleared his throat and leaned back to his seat.

"I just want to spend the day with you." He simply answered which made me snort.

"Sure." I nodded sarcastically. "We're having a dinner in the middle of this big dome forrest, sitting on this exquisite table set, with lights flickering around us like pixies after watching a movie in a white screen that's bigger than what they have in movie theaters!" I shrugged my shoulder and my eyes caught something in my side. I sighed and motioned my hand to my left.

"Oh I forgot, with a trunk filled with flowers that are off season but somehow they're here fresh and blooming."

I dropped my hands and raised both my eyebrows, waiting for his response. My eyes on him, on his parted black hair, his beautiful long eyelashes, his perfectly structured nose, delicate lips, his sharp jaw.

He's a feast on the eyes.

"Do I need a special reason?" I woke up from my daze when he spoke.

"I simply want to make you happy and I wanted to see if I have what it takes." Is he serious?

"Thank you, for your smile."All of these just for me? I shut my mouth shut and forced to hide a small proud smile from forming, what's with him he's acting like one of those lead from a drama that Wendy loves to watch.

But...

"Still, this is too grand for a day out. You're scaring me, Sehun." This is what I'm feeling at the base of my heart, on that small corner of my mind this thought had also came to me. I just wanted to brush it off but I don't think I can anymore, specially with the reason he gave.

His expression changed, an emotion went past his eyes but I didn't get to catch it when he tried to cover it up with a reassuring smile.

"Is it too much?" He chuckled, scratching the skin behind his ears. "Kai told me this is how he'd go out with Wendy, so I tried to add a little more effort."

"You did this because Kai told you to?" I asked. He dropped his hand to his side and nodded with a pout.

"Hm and also I just want you to forget that date with Chanyeol." He mumbled quickly but I still managed to hear everything.

So that's how it was.

"Stupid." I chuckled. "You did all of these because you want to top my date with Chan? You're unbelievably so competitive." I shook my head and placed the fork inside my mouth, eating the delicious white cheese pasta.

"I'm always competitive when it comes to you." I slowly chewed my food, but I want to stop eating so badly and just scream to my lungs contentment.

We then catch up with each other, how are you doing, what did you do these past few weeks, anything new, how's your studies. It felt like catching up on the times that we missed, when we were away from each other.

We talked as if we haven't seen each other for years, those small talks filled out the moments that we missed, gradually making us feel that we've never lost that much time with each other.

"Ah, where's the restroom here?" I wandered my eyes around. "Is there?" I followed up, unsure if there's one in the middle of the woods. Cold sweats are starting to form on the side of my face, I wiped them dry and anxiously waited for his reply.

"Yeah, you see that way there?" He pointed to his right, where I can see a small passageway with white rope and red lanterns at the side. My insides celebrated.

"Oh." I nodded and stood up. "Excuse me then." But before I could step out of the table he spoke.

"You want me to come with you?" Eh? My blood rushed to my ears, I don't want him to be near when I'm taking care of my business, that's embarrassing!

"No!" I automatically refused his offer, violently shaking my head. "I can manage." I then added.

He then asked if I'm really sure and I nodded with pursed lips.

The farther you are the better.

Letting me leave the table, I rushed to the restroom. My bladder and tummy has been bothering me after we had our dessert, I think I really ate too much earlier! From the car ride, the movies and dinner I haven't burped once yet!

You glutton!

I flushed the toilet and felt the relief on my stomach, I feel so light right now, too light in fact.

I feel lightheaded, I really did ate more than I could consume.

I walked out with such gracefully stride as I started to feel comfortable walking with my tucked in shirt, no more gas bumps.

However I do feel a bit dizzy, but I just need to sit down and rest.

When I returned to the field, I can spot Sehun smiling on the phone. He placed his phone in front, probably taking a video call, he couldn't see me coming from his sides so I just continued to go to him with a smile plastered on my lips getting ready to shout his name to surprise him but-.

"If I could go back in time, I'd say I love you a thousand times. I'm deeply in love with every part of you." My feet halted, I felt like the ground just started to slowly take me in, engulfing me deeper to the darkness. Listening to him felt illegal, I bit my lips shut and turned around my hands quickly cupped my ears, muffling his distant voice to go silent.

Don't listen, don't listen, stop, don't.

I slowly went back to my track, pretending as if I had never gone out, as if I never heard anything.

When I got to the end of the narrow passageway, away from his sight, I sighed loudly. My hands are shaking, my chest suddenly started to feel the squeezing pain, it hurts so much that I felt like dying for a heart failure.

My legs started to get weaker and numb that when I took a step forward I fell to the ground, no one caught me and I fell hard.

Ouch, that fucking hurts. It hurts a lot.

The corner of my eyes started to burn, warm liquid trailed on the corner of my face. My hands reached out to my ankle that hit a sharp rock when I fell.

Make the pain go away, please.

I remained on the ground, feeling the ache on my ankle but it didn't seem to hurt that much as my chest. I looked at the bleeding ankle, I didn't budge, I blankly stared at it continue to seep out fresh blood. My head is feeling light.

I should stand up, I should call for assistance, I should stop the bleeding but I couldn't. My tears fell to my arm, the cold ground became a companion, the freezing breeze became a blanket to me, the cold rustling sound of the trees became a lullaby to me.

The pain is starting to fade.

I closed my eyes out of my own will, I don't want to sleep, I don't want to stay here but it's starting to feel heavy. I feel tired, I just want to lie down and let the darkness take over me, the small glimmer of light suddenly disappeared and I couldn't open my eyes anymore.

"Seje?" I heard someone familiar call my name, he sounds worried but I feel exhausted, I want to sleep.

"Seje!"  No, don't call for my name let me rest.