Chapter 21

I couldn't answer him.

"But you're not ready for this right?" His hand loosened it's grip on my hands, I thought he would let go but he started to caress the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I can wait." He smiled.

The cold breezing wind blew his platinum blonde hair, his eyes smiled at me reassuringly.

I could only mutter a thanks.

"Oh shit!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I started to worry but then I breathed out a sigh when I heard his answer.

"I forgot to set up the picnic." He let go of my hand and brushed his hair back for a second as he ran towards the side. That's the moment when I saw the large basket placed near the green bush, it's funny how the large basket seemed so small when he carried it all the way towards me.

I peeked inside the basket, tucking in the loose strands of my hair behind my ear but saw nothing but a big pink cloth covering what's inside.

"I know, this is some cheesy scene from a rom-com." A small smile played on my lips. Pointing to the pink cloth.

"You don't say."

"You have no choice." He winked still chuckling.

We'll set up the large pink picnic mat on a dry flat surface, thinking it was easy I just shrugged my shoulder and told him I'll help  and held on to the corner of the cloth as we dusted it in midair.

I underestimated the wind blowing in this high hill. My hair slapped me in the face, but I couldn't comb it back since my hands are full. I closed my eyes to prevent my hair from entering and laid down the thick pink mat on the ground.

I let go immediately of the mat and scrambled to fix my hair.

"You good?" He laughed, I can see him secretly smacking his thighs. As his voice became louder, his laugh becoming more irritating to my ears.

I opened my eyes when I cleared out the loose hair strands. I gave him a piercing glare.

"You think this is funny?" I raised the corner of my upperlip. My hands combed my hair manually, I winced when the strangled hair impeded my fingers.

The wind caused my hair to be frizzy and dry it hurts to comb them, so in the end I just let my hair down.

"Yeah kinda, you're beautiful but your hair is a mess." He took a step back.

"Thanks for the compliment." I faked a smile.

I sighed and just sat on the mat, pondering on what to do with this messy hair of mine.

While trying to untangle my hair, my eyes darted to Chan who's bringing out the packed dish, he placed the different snacks in front of me. My mind got distracted when I saw a honey butter potato chips.

Ohoho I choose you.

A devious smile flashed on my face as I reached out for the chips. I looked down on the yellow package with a bee and was about to tear it open when a shadow was casted in front of me.

I raised my face, my eyes grew big when I saw Chan leaning forward. My hand fidgeted on the plastic, making a small rustling sound.

"W-What are you." My forehead creased.

He didn't say anything and moved forward, his eyes focused on my head.

"This color would suit-." He mumbled something but I was too nervous to pay attention and didn't get to hear anything.