Chapter 38

"Uhuh. Thanks man." After dropping the call, Sehun went back in front of the table, setting his phone's screen down he sat down.

"Sorry 'bout that." I raised my dipped head and slurped one strand of noodle straight inside my mouth, chewing that one strand slowly as my eyes travelled towards his face.

What happened to Hana? Why didn't you dashed outside my door to come to her aid?

No words came out of my mouth as I picked up the chopsticks and nodded. I couldn't ask him all those questions, it just doesn't feel right for me to put my nose on his business.

"Is it tasty?" He asked, breaking the silence between us. Shifting my eyes on the ramyeon and nodded once before opening my mouth.

"It's instant ramyeon, it should be." I mumbled. Hearing a soft chuckle from him my heart fluttered, it's been a long time since I've heard his laughter and chuckles. I'm having my fill of it right at this moment and I couldn't be any happier.

"Of course, it will always taste the same. Um, this kimchi is your favorite right?" He opened the lid of the plastic ware, creating a cracking sound as he pulled it open. The sour and spicy aroma of the kimchi entered my nose, instantly my cheeks are filled with saliva.

He got his chopsticks and picked out a bunch of kimchi, I immediately held my bowl of ramyeon and drew it closer to my body, hiding it from him thinking he would put the fresh kimchi in my bowl but I got flustered when he got a small saucer at the side and dropped the kimchi.

Sliding it across the table, his finger let go of the dish when it arrived to me and then, he spoke.

"You like to eat it separately right?" I inhaled deeply to suppress strong throbbing inside my chest.

He remembered.

"Thanks."

I looked up to his face, I noticed a small rise in the corner of his lips. He seems to be suppressing a smile and just like a contagious diseaseI couldn't help but to have the same expression.

I smiled with pursed lips before dipping my head down to eat.

I wish time would just pause for a moment.

My feet started to dangle under the table, as if it's out of control it continued to dance just like my entire body wants to. All the exhaustion I felt earlier was washed away in an instant, my sleepy eyes turned bright then I realized.

I've met hundreds of people in a short amount of time, I could talk to them for hours but they can't be compared to how he can make me smile in a minute.

"I miss this." One strong pound echoed inside my chest and caused me to cut the noodle with my teeth and looked up to him in surprise.

He smiled softly but this time it's different. His face smiled but his eyes didn't.

"Me sitting across you with a bowl of ramyeon. Just you in front of me-. I didn't realized how hard it was to miss someone so badly, when my thesis got accepted you were the first person that came in mind. I wanted to tell you everything , when night falls and I'm sitting in my bed you're all I could think about." I let go of my cutlery and looked at the side. I couldn't watch his eyes turn misty, my heart is twisting inside.

"Why are you suddenly talking about this?" I asked with frustration obvious with my tone.

I knew it was too good to be true. Why can't I have just one peaceful time with him?

He dropped his cutleries as well, I felt his gaze burned a hole on my face it was too intense that I could feel my ears heat up from his eyes alone.