chapter 24

Jays pov

As soon as my car came to a stop, I looked at Sky and she was frozen to her sit. I quickly unbuckled my seat belt flunging my door open and hurried to her side. I opened her door gently helping her out of the car and stood her against the door.

"Are you okay, " I asked her cupping her face. She nodded numbly back at me, visibly shaken.

" I.... I think so ... are you?, " She asked placing her hand on mine still on her cheek.

" Am good, " I nodded and reassured her although I was sure she could see the real worry reflecting in my eyes.

I took her into my arms and hugged her tightly. Feeling her warm body against mine always made me feel all types of ways.

" I feel much better now, " she said leaning in deep into my embrace. " I really thought we were going to die."

" Not today, " I said smiling as i pulled away from her. I reached up and softly tweaked her cheeck.

The police were already here and Eddy , the one supposed to be keeping an eye on sky was walking towards us.

I pressed my forehead against her and took a couple of deep breaths. I was afraid for her life, I know we had a lucky escape this time and I was so glad she was okay and safe with me.

" l'm sorry," she said looking up at me.

" Why are you sorry? " I asked surprised.

" It's my fault you are in this mess. You almost got killed twice because of me."

" Don't say that. I already told you I'd give my life for you and those aren't just words, " I said hugging her.

" Are you two okay? " Eddy asked.

" Yes, " I said as we turned to look at him. "What took you so long? Aren't you supposed to be protecting sky."

" Am sorry, I had stopped for gas and I was to follow you as soon as i was done. I think he must have known my where about and that's why he attacked you. "

" Was it Jim? " Sky asked nervously.

" We are not sure yet. He managed to get away from us, but he is obviously our prime suspect. Did you by any chance see anything ?"

" No...we were to busy trying to survive! Why are you taking so long to catch him? This guy is becoming a fucking night mare! " I said furiously.

"We will get him, don't worry. You guys should go home. Do you need a ride? " Eddy asked.

" No thank you. We'll ride in my car, " I said helping sky get in the car.

She still looked very worried and scared and that really bothered me. She was mine now and there was no way i was going to let anyone harm her.

Yesterday when she kissed me, I thought that I was in a dream. I never in a million years suspected that she liked me the same way I did her! She gave me exactly what I had been craving for the longest time. If it wasn't for Celyn pushing me to confess my feelings to sky, she would not have been mine.

The way she kissed me left my lips aching for more. Her lips were definitely created just for me.

" Ethan just sent me a text. He says that he won't be home in a while. Apparently something happened to Dads car and he went to get him since he wasn't that far from town. " Sky said as i parked the car.

" Okay, I'll stay with you until they get back, " I said as I got out of the car and opened her door helping her out.

" Thanks, " She said kissing my cheek.