chapter 41

They next few days went by quick with no fear or drama. There was no sign of Eddy yet but the police had assured us not to worry.

Everything was almost back to normal except for my friend ship with Serena. She wasn't rude to me at all but only said a simple hi, to me whenever we met acting like we were strangers.

It was only Monday when she talked to me asking about my Dads health and nothing more.

I really missed her and wanted to talk to her at times, but I didn't want to make things worse than they were , so I kept my distance giving her the space she asked for.

It really felt like the friendship we heard was all a dream and our memories were the only reminder.

I heard from Joy that she was planing to leave town immediately after graduation. According to Joy, Serena couldn't stand seeing Jay and I together and that's why she was leaving. I didn't even know why she was telling me all this, knowing pretty well that our friendship had already sunk like the Titanic, never to resurface again.

It was friday and Dad was already discharged from the hospital. He had improved greatly but his leg was still not doing well. The doctors said that it would get better in time and there was nothing to worry about.

Jake's funeral arrangements were already done with. The funeral was going to take place tomorrow at the towns cemetery.

A day after Jake's death, Ethan and i went over to the police station to see Jim. Ethan wanted to be the one to tell him about his father's death and I decided to join him.

" I never thought you'd ever come see me, " Jim said taking his seat.

He didn't look like the daring and intimidating Jim, that I feared. His body looked weak and his face showed defeat and hopelessness, that I actually pitied him for a second .

" Believe me, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to, " Ethan  said his voice filled with anger.

" Okay, so what brings you here?"

" It's about Jake. "

Jim sat up staring at us with a blank expression on his face. It's like he already knew what we were about to tell him.

" What happened to him?" he asked calmly.

" He...he didn't make it and I thought i should be the one to tell you. "

Jim leaned over to the table his fingers messing up his hair. I could clearly see pain and regret in his eyes. I had never seen anyone so shattered before ,but he deserved it for all he made me go through.

The fact that he killed his own father, was going to be his worst punishment.

" We have to go now ," Ethan said.

" Wait...Am sorry for everything sky. I wish i could take it all back...., "

"  It's to late for that now," I told him as a tear escaped his eyes. "Lets go , "I said taking Ethan's hand and walking out of the place.

The last i heard of him was that he had requested to attend the burial, but his request was declined.

*****

" Hi sky, what are you up to?" Dad asked joining me in the living room.

" Nothing much, I am just catching up with my books, you know i have exams in three weeks."

" Yes I do and am so happy for you baby. You are a big girl now and almost graduating! I remember the first day I held you in my arms, I never wanted to let you go. You were so cute with your chubby cheeks, especially when you smiled, " Dad said letting out a small chuckle.