Chapter TWENTY-TWO

Elijah's P.O.V

Immediately I saw her answer on the paper, I couldn't help the big grin that formed on my face. I was actually surprised that she agreed expecially after acting weird to her because of how busy I've been with dad's company. I expected her to just squeeze the paper and throw it in the bin. There was only one thing I was thinking of and it was that I must not mess this up.

As soon as school was over, I sped home to prepare for the date with Alex on Friday. I parked my car at the garage and took my bag, entering the house. A maid collected the bag and took it upstairs while I made my way to the kitchen to greet Lily who was practically like my mother.

"Hm.. I'm famished" I groan playfully as I hugged Lily from behind who was stirring a pot of sauce.

"Go and freshen up so that I'll serve your food" she smiled as she continued stirring the sauce.

"Fine, I'll join you" I said and didn't wait for her reply before jogging up the stairs. I entered my room and collapsed on the bed tiredly. Since I was too excited, I changed the date to tonight and surprisingly, she agreed again. Checking the time, I realized it remained two hours before 7:00pm and I got up, took a shower and dressed up. I finished a bit early and was about to go downstairs for my meal when a certain old man entered my room, making my expression turn sour. And I meant my father.

"You're home" he said with no emotion lacing his voice with his hand tucked inside his front pockets. He was dressed in a corporate attire, as always. A black suit, white button-down shirt, black tie and black trousers.

"Thanks for noticing" I said sarcastically with a cold voice.

"I'll meet you downstairs in five minutes" he said blankly and started heading out. I already knew what that meant.

"What? Wait but I have a date. You can't just-"

"Then cancel it. If you are going to be the next CEO of Perkins and Co, I can't have you behaving so immature" he cut me off as he stopped walking with his back still facing me and left for downstairs when he finished talking.

I didn't bother stripping out of my clothing as I stormed down the stairs. How could he just command me to cancel the date? Is he that heartless?

I saw him sitting in the dinning room with his phone on one hand and his fork on the other which he was using to eat. I stormed over to him and noticed Lily giving me a pitiful look.

"I'm not cancelling the date" I said and his cold eyes snapped up to meet mine.

"You will" he said, daring me to say otherwise as I glared at him.

"Hey guys!" Kelly chirped as she entered the house with a maid carrying her bag behind her. She noticed the tension and silently walked up the stairs, following the maid carrying her bag to her room.

"What is going on here?" My mom said as she walked into our glaring contest.

"Elijah, you are not going anywhere tonight. You are wasting your time with some petty girl while you should be planning your life expecially when you're the next CEO of Perkins and Co. I will not let you disgrace me! Never!" My father said as he slammed his hand on the table.

"I've done everything you wanted me to do. I didn't even have time for my friends throughout last week because I was in the study room learning every fucking thing you asked me to and still you tell me I'm disgracing you? How heartless of you! When people of my age are having fun and enjoying themselves, I'm here learning things that I probably might never need. Are you even truly my father? Are you? Because words cannot express how much I hate you!" I spat out to him in anger and I felt a slap on my face which was delivered by my mom.