{17}

Brandi

"So girl, how have you been I haven't seen you since high school we use to be so close." Sydra asked.

"Right we use to be real close I guess life just happened, but I've been doing okay for myself as you know I have my own tattoo business and I am a mother to my son."

"Aww that's wasup, I remember you always use to draw in school."

"Yeah I always got in trouble for it too." I chuckled. "But I do it all, I draw do tats and paint."

"Aw girl look at you gone head then!" Sydra smiled.

"I do what I do." I tossed my invisible long hair over my shoulders as we both laughed.

"So tell me about your son."

"Well my baby name is Aiden, he's six going on twenty six he keeps me on my toes."

"Aw that's nice! I've always wanted kids but I just can't seem to find a man who I think is good enough to help me bring a child into this world."

"Oh girl yes take your time and most definitely choose the right man cuz you don't to have a deadbeat like me."

"I'm sorry." Sydra poked her bottom lip out.

"Oh it's alright girl, I'm not trippin his daddy the one missing out on raising a king."

"I hear that." Sydra said.

"So how about you, congrats on the restaurant by the way." I smiled looking around the beautiful room.

Bringing the glass of red wine to her lips she smiled brightly "Thank you, it wasn't easy but I'm glad I did it. I'm blessed to say it's all mine."

"Cheers to that." I raised my glass up. "To is boss black women with businesses."

"Yass! To us!" Sydra clicked her glass with mine as we laughed.

"So! What happened with you and that one guy you use to hang with in school, I forgot his name."

"Braylen?"

"Yeah." She snapped her fingers."Braylen, he was fione." She giggled.

"We're still cool we see each other all the time, he's actually Aidens Godfather."

"Ooh." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Stop it." I laughed. "We're just friends."

"Hmm okay." Sydra chuckled sipping from her wine glass.

"Yep, I have a man."

"Oop well excuse the heck outta me then." She laughed.

"You're still silly."

"Yep, so do tell about this mystery man."

"His name is Maurice He's a long time client of mine i did all of his tattoos, we went on a few dates and now he's my man." I smiled.