{32.}

Leo.
1991

Family Matters played on the small tv in the living room. Leo laid out on the couch fast asleep.

The sound of a knock on the door woke him from his sleep, standing to his feet he made his way toward the door.

"What?" He asked snatching the door open.

Monti, Leo's long time friend barged In with a worried look on his face. "Bruh you gotta go." Monti said closing the door behind him.

Half way up Leo sat on the bar stool looking at his friend."nigga what? Go where? Why?"

"Member them niggas we hit up last week."

"Yeah, over there on Johns st? Whats wasup?"

"Word is them niggas tryna knock you off the map bruh and i ain't finna let that happen so you gone have to leave bruh."

"And go where?"

"Look my uncle gotta spot up town he don't neva be there I already spoke to him bout it and he down for it jus give em 10G and it's yours everything included in that then you won't have to worry bout payin nun but the lil bills."

"What about you?"

"Ima be good ima be there too."

"You said what?"

Monti chuckled nodding his head. "Man the house is huge! You basically gone have yo side of the house ima have mine and we gone barely ever see each other."

"I don't know bruh."

"Nigga it's either that or die. You put too
Much into this we only 17 and 18 we gotta full life to live you need to haul ass."

"Look at you tryna be a motivational speaker." Leo laughed. "I'm not scared of none of these niggas and I'm not scared to die." I shrugged.

"I'm not finna let this be on my conscious if  sum happen to you. I'm the one that showed you the ropes and helped you get to where you are now. If you die bruh I don't know what I'd do not on no soft shit."

"Fine, When do I need to go?"

"Like tonight, tomorrow at the least."

I glanced around my small apartment I had money but I wasn't one to splurge like that buying the largest house, or the newest shoes I just kept the money and make more of it.

"I'll be ready by tomorrow."

Present time
Leo still couldn't believe he had a son. Over the past month he tried to get in contact with Braylen but he just didn't know what to say.

Placing the La Aurora cigar into the ash tray he grabbed his phone from the desk top tapping on Braylen name in his contacts, staring at the blank text.

What do you say to your son that you've just met.

"Hey son, how are you?" No.