{36.}

Braylen mind wondered as he sat in front of the bar tossing back a couple shots slamming down the shot glass onto the countertop in front of him.

Just as he stood to leave he turned his head looking toward the entrance Ramona walked in looking around the room in search for Braylen.  Noticing him at the bar she made her way toward him.

"Hi." She softly smiled standing next to the bar chair. "Sorry I'm a little behind, been having car problems." She apologized.

"Okay." He shrugged not caring to look over at her.Ramona saw the couple shot glasses next to his hands. "Mind if we sit at a booth?"

A sigh released from his mouth as he grabbed his car keys following behind Ramona as she lead the way toward an empty booth.

Braylen hadn't spoken to Ramona since she laid the news to him about Leo being his father. Ramona called Braylen a few days prior , getting his phone number from Glayds, asking if the two could meet somewhere and talk.

Knowing that he was going to need a drink before and probably after the fact he told her to meet him at one of the local bars. "How are you?" She asked trying to make small talk.

Shifting in his seat his eyes stared into Ramona hazel ones. "What do you want?"

She sighed looking at her eldest child. "I wanna work things out with you, I know I've been a terrible mother but I really wanna make things work between the us."

"Yeah, you're right you were a terrible mother, you weren't a mother you just had me. You treated me like I wasn't even your own flesh and blood. It was like you hated me, I grew up without a mom and a dad because of you. I hated you because of how my life turned out."

Tears filled her eyes hearing those painful words, as much as it hurt her she knew it was true. She hadn't been much of a mother figure to her children especially not to Braylen.
Being a young mother she didn't know what to do or how to become a mother she was young and only cared about herself, nothing or no one else mattered then."

"You had yo change on being my mama and you blew it, all these years later all of a sudden you wanna be in our lives."

"I birthed you I will always be your mama, yes I made mistakes, yes I know I was wrong but don't keep that over my head, I'm trying to do better and be better I don't wanna keep being how I was what can I do to fix our relationship."

Braylen was tired of hearing the same ole song about her wanting to change he  grew angry hearing about it he wanted to see the change not just hear her say it.

His palms slammed into the table getting the attention of everyone in the bar, also scaring Ramona. "Be a fucking mama then Ramona! Take care of your damn responsibilities and stop caring about yourself or random ass Niggas more than yo own fucking kids! That's what you can don!" He yelled. "Be there!"

All sorts of feelings came over Braylen at that moment. He remembered those nights of wanting his mother but her not being anywhere around. He remembered seeing kids with their parents but having his grandma coming to parent day at school. The times he cried alone at night feeling unwanted.

"Braylen I am sorry! She cried tears falling.

"Show me! Don't keep sayin this shit! Show me that you want to be in my life."