{33.}

Braylen and Brandi laid next to each other in bed failing at watching a movie on Netflix and doing what Netflix and chill really meant. Brandi laid her head on his chest listening to his heart beat.

The sound of his phone vibrating on the table next to the bed took away his attention at the ending credit of the movie. Reaching over he ignored the pain as he grabbed his phone.

Usually he didn't answer unknown numbers but he decided to answer the call. "Who dis?"

"Hey Braylen, it's your father." Leo chuckled to himself  hearing him say that out loud.

Sitting up a little he tapped Brandi arm as she slowly moved over. "Aw man, wasup Leo."

Brandi head turned as she looked over at Braylen at the mentioning of the name. A smile spread across her lips as she watched Braylen talk to his father. She knew how long Braylen had been wanting a relationship with both of his parents and it seemed like things were looking up in that direction. He was getting to know his father and still had to work things with his Ramona .  She knew it really took prayers for something like this to happen.  And how much it meant for him to have his parents in his life.

Braylen slowly got up from the bed walking around it and out of the door sitting in the dark living room. "Nothing much, jus been chillin wit my girl."

"Oh Okay." Leo spoke.

Silence filled the phone neither knowing what to say next. "I don't wanna take up too much time but I was calling to see if you want to meet up somewhere and talk."

Braylen slowly nodded his head as if Leo could see. "Yeah, that's coo." He smiled brightly.

"Okay, I can text you my address and you can
Come to my place? If that's okay with you."

"Yeah yeah...I mean that's coo." He shrugged trying to acting nonchalant.

"Alright then, guess I'll see you tomorrow.. at 4?"

"Guess I'll see you then."

Leo hung up the phone as Braylen did the same . Braylen stared at nothing in particular as he thought about everything. He couldn't believe after 26 years he was just now meeting his dad. He'd dream about this day but never thinking it would have actually happened.

"Braylen." Brandi softly spoke walking in turning a light on.

Walking toward him she sat next to him on the couch. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." Braylen smiled. "It was Leo he wanna meet wit me tomorrow."

"Really? Just the two of y'all?"

"Yeah."

"That's great." Brandi smiled with a laugh. "I'm so happy for you baby it seems like things are looking up."

"It does.. I'm glad your experiencing all of this with me." He said kissing her lips. "You always were by my side through everything."

"And I always will be." She smiled back kissing his lips.

"Don't start nun you can't handle."