{38.}

"Baby!" Cyniah called

I stood from my chair, finishing up with a song I had been working on as I walked into the other room seeing Cyniah with water around her feet.

"Yooo! You just peed on the floor?"

"No,  my water broke! Get me to the hospital NOW!" She yelled.

"Oh shit!" I jumped around panicking  looking for her emergency bag. "Where is it?"

"By the door Naheem!"

"Oh, okay." I helped her carefully toward the car grabbing the door locking it behind.

Closing the passenger door Naheem quickly jogged around to the driver side as she screamed out in pain.

"Oh my gosh!" She yelled.

I quickly zoomed in and out of traffic making my way toward the hospital. "HURRY UP!"

"I'm trying!" I calmly said pulling in front of the hospital.

"Aye! Aye my girl finna have our baby!" I said as the nurses came running out with a stretcher helping her get on top of it.

"Naheem." She held her hand out.

I followed behind her until they made it to her room. "Baby, ima call everybody I'll be right there."

"Okay." She nodded as the nurses surrounded her doing what they needed.

I couldn't focus for shaking, a nigga about to become a dad soon. Dialing the number grandma quickly answered.

"Hey baby."

"Hey grandma, we're at the hospit- oh my word! What happened? what hospital!"

"Cyniah having the baby."

"Oh goodness I'll be right there, want me to call everybody for you?"

"Yeah, please I'ma go back In there with Cyniah."

"Okay baby, I'll be there as soon as I can see you soon." She hung up.

"Ahhh!" Cyniah screamed.

Jogging back inside I held onto her hand. "Damn Cyn, why you so strong." I fussed flexing my hand as she squeezed it.

"Shut up and get this baby outta me!" She cried.

I sat in the chair next to her as nurses checked everything. "Alright, it's almost time for you to bring the baby into the world Miss. Smith." The nurse smiled at Cyniah.