{41.}

8 months later..

"Breath baby breath!" Braylen said, coaching Brandi the breathing technique he learned from youtube.

"Braylen if you don't get yo hehehoo ass outta ma face." Brandi mugged Braylen.

"Damn my bad I'm just tryna help."

"Well help yo self to a seat over there!"

"I don't know who she think she Talkin to, she lucky she finna have my baby or." Braylen mumbled to himself.

"Huh what you say Braylen speak up."

"Nothing baby." Braylen gave a fake smile as he sat on the couch across from the bed.

"Hello hello, how are we doing?" The nurse smiled looking at Brandi."

"I have a baby bout to come out of me, how do you think I feel?"

"My bad she's usually not this cranky." Braylen apologized

"I get it, it's a lot of pain. I'm use to it." The young nurse smiled as she checked Brandi.

"Looks like your getting close, very close maybe another hour or two."

"I need this baby out now miss lady." Brandi rolled her eyes. "It's been six years since I went through this."

"See this why we need to have our ten kids back to back so you don't forget so this time next year you'll be back here." Braylen said.

The nurse giggled as she typed on the little computer. "Braylen, I'm bout to kick you outta this room cuz your aggravating me."

"Fine I'll shut up."

"Good."

Silence filled the room for two seconds before Braylen spoke again.  "So it's really bout to be another hour? We been here since like three this morning and I'm hungry and sleepy I'm not tryna miss my baby being born cuz I was in the cafeteria or sleep."

"Yeah, I believe so sometimes they come sooner times they come later it all depends on when the baby feels like showing up." She said.

"Bruh, I cant believe I'm finna be a dad  by the end of the day." Braylen said to himself as he smiled.

Brandi released a cry as contractions hit her again. "Shit!"

Braylen stood to his feet walking toward Brandi side. "It'll be over soon baby."

*****

"Push! Push!" Braylen cheered as he stood beside Brandi.

Braylen peeked to see what was going on on the other side of the sheet. "Aw Nah!" He said shaking his head going back to Brandi side.

"Shit look nasty as hell I don't see how doctors do it."

"We see the head, give me one big push Brandi." The doctor said as Brandi held onto Braylen hand using all her strength.