Parents: Pt 1/ Darry imagine

You were sitting on the toilet lid. Your hand covering your mouth and your eyes were wide. You were breathing fast, each breath shaking.
In your trembling hand was a pregnancy test. It read positive.
You didn't feel that good earlier today and you haven't had your period yet so you decided to take the test.
You kept trying over and over again to see if it was true. Using one pregnancy test after another. It kept reading positive.
You were scared. You didn't want to raise a baby yet. You didn't feel ready. You didn't know what to do.
Your mind flashed back to the last time you did it with your boyfriend, Darry.
You didn't use protection because you thought you were on the pill. You forgot that you weren't on the pill anymore.
You slapped yourself multiple times.
"Stupid!" You shouted.
You took a couple deep breaths to calm down.
What's Darry gonna think? You thought.
Is he gonna leave me if I told him? No, he's not that kind of guy. He wouldn't do that, right? Oh man, he already has to take care of his brothers, the bills, his job, everything! Now he has to take care of a baby and me. Oh no.
Your mind kept bouncing everywhere. Then you remembered that you promised to be at the party that's being held at the Curtis house. Everyone was going to be there. Even Darry.
You groaned.
Could this day get any worse?
As you were getting dressed, you noticed that your stomach was a little bigger. Not a lot but you can see a little difference. You were really going to have a baby.
You decided to hide your bump. You wore a loose shirt to cover it.
You looked at yourself in the mirror and took a deep breath. You nodded then left the house.
You stood there on their doorstep, trembling. You opened the door and the whole gang was there.
"Hey Y/N!" Johnny greeted you.
You put on a smile and waved.
"Hey Darry, Y/N's here!" Pony called out to the kitchen.
You gulped.
Darry walked out from the kitchen and his face lit up.
"Right on time. I need you to help me with the food. You're a better cook than I am." He said, grabbing you by the waist.
You were getting nervous. When he kissed you, he noticed something was wrong.
"Hey, you okay?" He asked, putting his hand on your cheek.
"Yeah, I'm fine!" You lied, "I'll help you in the kitchen."
You both headed to the kitchen. You could feel your heart pounding out of your chest.
You two were alone in the kitchen. Darry asked if you could chop the carrots while he was on the stove.
You had to tell him. But you couldn't find the courage to.
Your hands were shaking as you cut the carrots slowly. You tried acting normal but it didn't work.
Darry noticed you again.
"Y/N, are you okay? You're acting different than usual. Are you sick?" Darry asked, worried.
He immediately stopped everything he was doing. He put the back of his hand up to your forehead to check your temperature.
"No, I'm not sick." You said. You took a deep breath. You were ready to tell him, "Darry, I have to tell you something."
He saw that you were serious. He looked into your eyes and nodded.
"I'm listening." He softly said.
"You're... you're going to be a father." You managed to say. Your voice was shaking. You didn't know how he would react.
Darry stood there, confused.
"Wait, what?" He asked.
"I'm pregnant, Darry. You're going to be a father. I did multiple tests earlier and they were all positive. I'm so sorry. You already have to take care of so many things and you're so busy. I understand if you don't want to raise a child." You said, your voice breaking.
Tears started to form in your eyes.
Darry was shocked. His jaw dropped to the floor and his eyes bulged out of his head.
You looked down at the floor.
"I'm gonna be a dad?" He asked.
You looked up and his face had a wide smile.
"I'm gonna be a dad?" He said again, happier.
You started to laugh. The heavy burden on your chest lifted. You were relieved.
"Yes! Yes, you are!" You said through your tears.
He cheered and picked you up without effort. He kissed you and then he kissed your belly.
He embraced you, his huge arms wrapped around you. You never knew that he was going to be this excited. You laughed and hugged him back.
"What's going on in here?" Steve asked.
Everyone was at the doorway now. They were confused why Darry was so happy.
You both held hands and looked at each other.
You nodded at him and then you both looked at the gang.
"Y/N's pregnant! Y/N and I are going to be parents!" Darry announced.
It took a second for the gang to realize what he said. Everyone started cheering and hugging us.
"I'm gonna be an uncle! I'm gonna be an uncle!" Soda kept shouting repeatedly. He embraced both of you and ran around the house, cheering.
Pony was surprised and happy. But mostly surprised. His big brother was going to be a dad.
"Congrats! I'm so proud of you two! You guys make good parents." Johnny gushed as he hugged you guys and stared at your belly.
"Name it after me!" Two-Bit called out.
"No me!" Steve called afterwards.
You guys both laughed.
"Congrats, man." Dally said, giving us a thumbs up. Then he pointed at you guys and gave a serious look, "Take care of the kid or else it will turn out like me."
"Caring and loyal?" Johnny asked Dally.
Dally put his arm around Dally and ruffled his hair.
You were overjoyed. You thought that today would end in a disaster. Turns out it was amazing.