Track/ Ponyboy imagine

RING
School was finally over. You sat through your boring classes patiently, now you sighed in relief when all the waiting was paid off.
You were excited today because of Track finals. You were one of the top three fastest. Ponyboy was one of them.
You were friends with Pony ever since preschool.
You loved the gang and hung out with them a lot.
You were the closest with the Curtis family. Darry and Soda treated you like a little sister. Before Mrs and Mr Curtis passed, they were like a mother and a father to you.
Later on, Pony asked you to be his girl. You were thrilled that Pony saw you more than just a friend. Your relationship was still going strong after a year.
You were ready to face Pony on the track. He always beat you. But now, you had a feeling you were going to win this time.
You've been practicing on beating him. You were really determined to win first. This was the only time you two were rivals.
But there was another person in the top too. It was a Soc girl that hated your guts.
She tried hooking up with Pony a couple times but he refused. Then he asked you, a greaser. Ever since she despised everything about you.
You didn't care, she wasn't as fast as you and Pony.
You made your way to the locker room and changed clothes.
The Soc girl passed you, gave you a dirty, look then left.
You rolled your eyes, it wasn't the first time she did that.
You walked out onto the track. Only a few people were there, including Pony.
He was stretching his leg and had a serious look on his face.
"Looks like someone is determined to beat me again." You joked.
Pony smirked.
"I saw you practicing," Pony pointed out, "You're scary good. I really need to try now."
"Huh," You scoffed, "Are you saying that I was terrible and you didn't even try?"
"Maybe." He jokingly shrugged.
"It's on, Pony." You declared, "If I win, you massage me later and you be the big spoon, vise versa."
Pony thought for a minute.
"Deal."
You went to stretch on the wall. Time had passed and more people started to gather. Families made their way to the seats. We were going to have an audience.
You saw the gang sitting in the corner. You were nervous that everyone was watching, and so was Pony. But you tried to keep it together and focus on the prize.
Now the race was about to start.
You, Pony, and the Soc girl lined up in your spots. You took a deep breath in and narrowed your eyes at the finish line.
You were ready.
BAM! And you guys took off.
You were first. You were about to cheer but then you remembered to focus. You were almost there.
Little did you know, the Soc girl was right behind you.
She narrowed her eyes at you behind your back. Then she pushed you out of the way, hard.
You lost your balance. You fell hard and tumbled to the ground. You accidentally landed the wrong way.
All of a sudden, you felt a snap on your calf. Then a sharp pain, like someone stabbed you. You closed your eyes. You screamed and cried out in pain as you gripped at the ground.
You started to hear people shouting 'Boo!' and gasping.
You heard the gang shouting your name.
Then you felt a hand touch your back. You looked up and saw Pony.
"Y/N!" He cried out.
You were still wincing in pain. When moved just a little, you cried out in pain again.
You looked down and saw that your leg was broken in half.
You felt sick to your stomach.
You saw the Soc girl being escorted out. She kept yelling she didn't mean it. That was absolute bull. The pain started to die down a little.
You only cared about the race though.
"Did she win? Did you win? Am I out?" You kept asking Pony.
"She got disqualified. I didn't cross it. But I'm afraid you have to be out too, Y/N. I'm sorry." Pony said, sadly.
"So I guess you win." You laughed a little, "Congrats, Pony."
Pony shook his head.
"I want you to win."
You looked at him, confused.
"But, my leg. I can't walk. Plus I'm already out."
"No, you wanted to win so you're gonna win."
Pony slowly carried you up. He kept asking if you were okay once in a while.
You hopped on your other leg and leaned on Pony for support. You winced at the pain but then you were fine.
"You good?" Pony asked. You nodded.
Pony walked slowly as you hopped. The pain came back so Pony decided to carry you bridal style to the finish line.
Everyone gasped at first then cheered. The gang was cheering too.
"Yes Pony! Go, Y/N!" You heard Johnny cheer.
"That's my brother!" You heard Soda and Darry cheer.
Once you guys were an inch away from the finish line, Pony carefully put you down and helped you hop over the line while staying behind you.
Everyone cheered and clapped.
Someone came and gave you a ribbon for first and Pony for second.
You won! You really won! But you didn't win because you beat Pony, he helped you win even when he had the opportunity.
You started crying. You were overjoyed to have such a perfect boyfriend.
After you were taken to the hospital and gotten a cast, you saw the whole gang waiting at the entrance.
They surrounded you and told you good job. You thanked them, but it was Pony who helped you.
You spotted Pony behind them. You threw yourself on him. Hugging him tightly and burying your face into his chest. Pony caught you and hugged you back.
"Thank you, Pony." You said, "You are the best boyfriend in the whole world."
"You're welcome, anything to make you happy." He said, smiling.
"Are you still gonna massage and spoon me later?" You whispered in his ear, jokingly.
"I didn't mind in the first place." He shrugged.
You laughed and everyone went to the Curtis household to have chocolate cake and celebrate.