I'll make it up to you/ Dallas imagine

You walked across the dark, empty street where rain poured heavily down on everything.
You had your umbrella in one hand and Dallas' leather jacket in the other. He had forgotten his jacket at your place and you decided to do him a favor and bring it back to him.
You were about to cross the street when you saw something across it that made you gasp.
Dallas was beat up and bruised. Another guy looked severely injured and was lying on the ground. Blood mixed in with the rain seeped down from Dallas' cut forehead. He spat out blood on the ground and cussed. His face and dark, fiery eyes were the definition of dangerous. His hands were tightly handcuffed to his back.
A few cops were yelling and shoving him violently in the car as Dallas cussed more and refused to go in.
You unconsciously dropped your umbrella and continued to watch Dallas with your eyes wide open. He promised you that he would stay out of trouble, he broke it again for the fourth time.
Dallas glanced over at your direction then realized you were there. His tough face quickly softened as guilt flooded over him. He stopped struggling and you saw him mouth your name.
He was finally pushed into the car, only being able to see a silhouette of him looking back.
The car drove off with a loud squeal, you wouldn't see Dallas for months again.

~6 months later~

Loud, desperate knocking woke you up from your sleep.
You groaned and looked at the time, squinting your eyes. 6am. The sun hadn't even risen yet and it was a Saturday.
The knocking became even louder and rapid.
"Coming!" You called out grumpily.
You climbed out of your warm blankets and into the crisp morning air of your room, making you shiver.
You peeked out the window and saw Dallas Winston.
You gasped and your face brightened, then you remembered that you were still mad at him for his actions.
You opened the door and narrowed your eyes at him.
"What?" You asked in a scarily low voice.
"Doll!" He exclaimed as he grinned.
He reached out to hug you but you backed away.
"What's wrong?" He asked as his smile faded, "I thought you would miss me after all this time."
You growled and slammed the door on him but his strong arm stopped it right before it closed.
"Hey, hey wait!" He exclaimed.
You cocked an eyebrow at him.
He better have a good explanation, or better, an apology.
You thought.
"I came here to say..." He sighed.
You opened the door and looked at him, waiting him to apologize.
"I got you gifts!" He grinned.
He dug into his pocket and handed you chocolates and some jewelry.
You were speechless, you thought he was going to apologize.
You roughly shoved the gifts at his chest.
"I don't fucking need this junk from you!" You snapped at him and stomped away in your house.
"Y/N!" He yelled as you felt his hand tightly grab your wrist.
"Let go of me!" You yelled at him, squirming out of his grip.
"Why are you acting like this?" He irritatingly questioned, "I've been gone for months, I haven't seen you in months. I've missed you every single day I was in the cooler. I expected some sort of welcome when I came here, but here you are treating me like crap! What is your fucking problem?!"
"What the fuck is my problem?!" You shouted at him with shock and anger as you shoved him again, "You're such a dick Dallas!"
"Wha-," He was going to protest.
"No!" You cut him off, "Don't say anything! You're not the victim here, Dallas! You don't know what I've been through without you!"
Dallas looked at you with confusion. You continued, feeling your tears falling from your face.
"You promised me, Dal. Four times. That you wouldn't get yourself into trouble for me...but then I saw you recklessly get into trouble again and it broke my heart...knowing that you could never keep a promise and that I wouldn't be able to see you again for a half a year because of your actions. I never even got to say goodbye or anything. I've been here alone, for these six months. I've slept without you by my side, I woke up in an empty bed, you weren't there for me when I felt scared on these streets. I would forgive you, but you never keep a promise..."
You were on the verge of sobbing.
Dallas looked at you, guilt had slapped him across the face.
"Doll..." He finally said in a soft voice, "I tried that day...I really tried...it was a Soc and he was talking about you...I couldn't help myself. I'm...I'm so sorry, Y/N. I didn't think. It hurts me to see you like this, I never realized. I'm sorry."
You started sobbing into your hands, Dallas walked over and pulled you in to hug you tightly.
"I'm sorry." He whispered over and over again as he stroked your hair.
You missed the feeling of his warm body against yours. You buried your face into his chest and sobbed into him.
"I'll make it up to you." He said softly, "It's a promise, and I swear I'll keep. Even if it kills me. I don't want you to be like this anymore because of me."
"Thank you, Dallas." You said, "I love you."
"Love you too, Doll." He said as he kissed the top of your head.
It had been a year now, Dallas hasn't gotten into big trouble for you and he's still going strong.