Smile/ Sodapop imagine

Warning: very long and very depressing so get ready
U can play the song if u like I just put it there

Warning: very long and very depressing so get readyU can play the song if u like I just put it there

I decided to visit the Curtis house one afternoon. I haven't seen Sodapop, my boyfriend, in a while because we were both super busy. Today I was free and I was hoping he was too. I packed a chocolate cake I had baked to give it to them, I hoped they would like it.
When I reached their doorstep and knocked, Soda answered. His face lit up when he saw me.
"Hello, Y/N," He said, giving me his movie star smile, "Come in, it's hot as hell out there."
We both kissed and I made my way inside.
Ponyboy was laying on the couch while reading a book.
He looked up and smiled.
"Hey Y/N." He greeted me. I nodded and waved.
"I brought y'all a chocolate cake I baked." I said
"Bring it here!" Darry called out from the kitchen. I made my way to the kitchen with both the boys following me.
I set the container down on the counter and opened it, revealing the cake.
Pony and Soda awed as their eyes were glued to the cake.
"Wow, Y/N." Darry chuckled, "You are quite the baker."
I laughed as I started to cut it in slices.
Pony took one and Soda took two.
"Mmm! It's delicious." Pony said with a full mouth.
Soda took a bite and his smile widened.
"Shoot, Y/N! Your cake is way better than Darry's!" Soda exclaimed. Darry playfully slapped the back of Soda's head.
"Gee, thanks." I chuckled and sat at the table.
While everyone was enjoying cake, there was a knock on the door.
Darry went to the door and opened it. It was the mailman. He handed a letter to him and they talked a bit then he left.
"What is it?" Soda asked.
"I don't know but it's for you, Soda." Darry said, handing the letter to him.
Soda had a confused look on his face. He opened the envelope and there was a folded piece of paper inside. Soda unfolded it and started to read it to himself. The whole house fell silent.
All of a sudden, Soda's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. His eyes darted back and forth, reading it again. We started to look at him with concern.
"Well," Pony said, worried, "What is it Soda?"
"I..." Soda softly began, he gulped and I started to see his eyes watering up, "I... I have to go to..."
We went closer to him to hear him better.
"I have to go fight in the war... in Vietnam." Soda whispered. Everything was silent for a few minutes. We were all in disbelief.
"No..." Pony whispered. Soda swallowed and nodded.
"I-It can't be, no, y-you can't go." Pony's voice was breaking and tears streamed down his face.
Pony bolted to the bathroom and slammed the door.
Darry stood there, frozen. I saw that his fists were clenched so hard that they were shaking.
I covered my mouth with my hand and tears started falling to the ground.
Tip Tap, Tip Tap.
The sound of my falling tears and Pony sobbing echoed in the small house.
I couldn't believe it. It didn't feel real, but it was.
No, Soda is going to be in the war? The thought of it made me sick.
Finally, Darry started to walk. He calmly went to his room and softly closed the door. I heard items crashing to the ground.
It was just me and Soda. The once happy moment was ruined.
I took a deep breath to calm down and get a grip.
"When are you going?" I asked quietly.
Soda looked up at me.
"In two weeks." He responded, his voice breaking.
More tears started to fall down from my face. I couldn't control myself anymore.
Soda pulled me close and embraced me. His hand stroking my hair while the other hugged me tightly. I buried my face into his warm chest and sobbed, he kept kissing the top of my head.
"No! Please Soda! I beg you, please don't go! I don't want you to go! It's not fair!" I sobbed.
"I'm sorry, baby. I truly am." He said, his voice was soothing, "I don't want to go either. But I have to..."
His voice started to tremble.
"I wish," He said, "I wish there was no violence. It doesn't solve anything."
I felt his tears falling on my head like raindrops.
That day, nothing felt real.